Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cabbage Lite Problems

Options
  • 11-08-2013 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm having trouble with the Irish Cabbage Lite app for my HTC Desire C. When I try to send a text it says that it cannot connect to the network website. I've tried uninstalling but it didn't work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Have you changed the sending method in settings to 'direct connection'. 'via server' isn't working at the moment, well not on Vodafone anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I'm sorry but where do I go to change the settings for it?

I'm sorry but where do I go to change the settings for it?
    Settings : sending method: choose direct

http://gyazo.com/4b96c2b217319a920ed5ae94f519bc13 I know you're probably getting frustrated with me now but I don't know what Settings your on about because theirs none in that app...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

If you are on the 3 network they are having problems this weekend and their mythree site is down.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    If you are on the 3 network they are having problems this weekend and their mythree site is down.
    No I'm Vodafone but it won't work for me.

http://gyazo.com/4b96c2b217319a920ed5ae94f519bc13 I know you're probably getting frustrated with me now but I don't know what Settings your on about because theirs none in that app...

I have the paid version so I just enter the settings to change it. Don't know where it's located in the lite version.

jgbyr wrote: »
    I have the paid version so I just enter the settings to change it. Don't know where it's located in the lite version.
    Is It Cabbage Ultimate?

Is It Cabbage Ultimate?

Yeah that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

You need to press the menu button on your phone first, then you'll see an option for settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm having the same problem. I have Cabbage Ultimate and use Vodafone. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, and I can't figure how to get to the settings to change the sending method. I can get to the settings on the phone OK, but I can't get to the settings on Cabbage. Really disappointed as I love this app - I spend a fair bit of time abroad but am mostly connected to wifi, so it saves me a fortune. I'm going away again shortly, and really want to get it working again.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. I have Cabbage Ultimate and use Vodafone. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, and I can't figure how to get to the settings to change the sending method. I can get to the settings on the phone OK, but I can't get to the settings on Cabbage. Really disappointed as I love this app - I spend a fair bit of time abroad but am mostly connected to wifi, so it saves me a fortune. I'm going away again shortly, and really want to get it working again.

Click on menu & then the settings button. On my phone it's the button on the right. See here :
    http://db.tt/9CDv2oI6

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

jgbyr wrote: »
    Click on menu & then the settings button. On my phone it's the button on the right. See here :
    http://db.tt/9CDv2oI6

You're a star! Up and running again. Many thanks for the help - much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 momofthree

Hi can anyone help me please? I keep getting this message " failed to get remaining messages. Aborted " when i try to send a text. I hope this can be fixed because i use cabbage all the time and i love it, i'm lost without it. Texts costing a fortune x

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are you on Three, by any chance? There's been a problem with them for the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Yes i'm with three, oh i really hope they get it sorted. Thanks for letting me know though x

Oh think I'll check this out. Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maco2000

Anyone else having problems with Cabbage Lite on the Three network and if so have you discovered a workaround? Cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

maco2000 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with Cabbage Lite on the Three network and if so have you discovered a workaround? Cheers.

I've had the same issue with Three on another webtext app. I hadn't been on the Three webtext site in a while, but it looks like they may have updated/redesigned it, which may be the source of the issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

I use cabbage desktop, same issue. Three have jigged something around, needs an update in the cabbage coding to get it working again, as far as I can guess.

penguin88 wrote: »
    I've had the same issue with Three on another webtext app. I hadn't been on the Three webtext site in a while, but it looks like they may have updated/redesigned it, which may be the source of the issues.
    Yes, they seem to have recently overhauled it alright. I don't know if that's in a bid to stop people using their webtext allocations via a mobile app. I really hope not. Found it very handy. Hopefully cabbage can tweak their app to adjust to the new format.

Danny2580 wrote: »
    I use cabbage desktop, same issue. Three have jigged something around, needs an update in the cabbage coding to get it working again, as far as I can guess.
    Added a shortcut to the three webtext webpage on the homescreen of my smartphone to get around the issue. Not ideal but it's working grand.

Added a shortcut to the three webtext webpage on the homescreen of my smartphone to get around the issue. Not ideal but it's working grand.

Advertisement