Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with the card reader software on my laptop

Options
  • 11-08-2013 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

Hi, I have a HP laptop and I accidentally uninstalled the Realteck card reader software. I have repeatedly downloaded the software again and re-installed it on my laptop but it doesn't work - cards won't be read when they're plugged into it. I downloaded a different software and installed that. Same problem. What am I doing wrong here? Help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hi, I have a HP laptop and I accidentally uninstalled the Realteck card reader software. I have repeatedly downloaded the software again and re-installed it on my laptop but it doesn't work - cards won't be read when they're plugged into it. I downloaded a different software and installed that. Same problem. What am I doing wrong here? Help would be greatly appreciated

Does it not come back with Windows update?

Is it win 7?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Does the card reader show up in device manager? If you have an "unknown device" in there, right click on it>Update driver and locate the driver folder you extracted, then see if it installs :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

follow what yoyo has pointed out.
    if that doesn't work post your hardware id's for it here, and i'm sure w can find the right driver for you. :pac:

Advertisement