Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boat trailer

Options
  • 10-08-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hey guys just wondering anyone with lake boat what kind of hubs have ye got on trailer getting a lot of bearing trouble thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

As with any trailer grease is it's friend :D I only use marine grease and do the bearings before any long trip by cupping them in my hand and forcing the grease into them, I find if you use a gun you can pop the seals on them also feel the rollers and rims for any pits or roughness that would cause a failure. On the road keep to the trailer speed limit or lower and carry any heavy gear in the car and not in the boat when you get to the water let the bearings cool down before you launch.
    If you are stilling having problems something is wrong with the trailer or the weight that it's carrying is not what it was designed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Thanks fergal good advice

Advertisement