Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRV recommendations

Options
  • 10-08-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I am looking to change all the radiator selectors to trv's shortly.

What brand is most reliable to purchase? Myson, Boss, Lockshield, Terrier etc.

Is there somewhere I can just buy a box of eight and get a discount?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

The lips wrote: »
    I am looking to change all the radiator selectors to trv's shortly.

What brand is most reliable to purchase? Myson, Boss, Lockshield, Terrier etc.

Is there somewhere I can just buy a box of eight and get a discount?

Cheers

You will have to buy 200 to get a discount !!

See what valve suites your radiators for less work as a lot of valves are half inch either side and old radiators some time have a 3quater inch union on rad side.
    Get valve to match.

I only get a dicount when I spend over 5 grand a month at suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

scudo2 wrote: »
    You will have to buy 200 to get a discount !!

See what valve suites your radiators for less work as a lot of valves are half inch either side and old radiators some time have a 3quater inch union on rad side.
    Get valve to match.

I only get a dicount when I spend over 5 grand a month at suppliers.

Im sick of myson failing. Go for terrier there made by pegler.

I get a discount cos im lovely. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I recently replaced all rad valves in our house with TRVs, and went with Danfoss in the end. Very good quality, with some nice features to make they easy to fit (i.e. they come with "bolt" cast into them, which is very good to get a grip on when tightening against it)

I had a post with links of what I used at: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056752730 and bought from http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co.uk/danfoss-randall-rasc2-trv-p-141.html?search=danfoss%20trv

Advertisement