Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais wants another gas price increase of 7%

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

If they get this increase approved,then the average anual gas bill will go over the 1000 euro mark for the 1st time ever.....approx 1030 euro per year.

In 2003 the average anual gas bill was 500 euro,so in 10 years it will have more than doubled.

When and where does it all end and stop??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

paddy147 wrote: »
    If they get this increase approved,then the average anual gas bill will go over the 1000 euro mark for the 1st time ever.....approx 1030 euro per year.

In 2003 the average anual gas bill was 500 euro,so in 10 years it will have more than doubled.

When and where does it all end and stop??????

It's only going to get worse Paddy. I've noticed the diesel creeping up again too.

I dont know where they get there figures from either. MY annual gas usage is no where near €1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Who sets these transportation tariffs which is the reason of their increase? I think they just wanted an increase in the price of gas for the sake of an increase in the price of gas. If it wasnt the "transportation tariff" it would a fluctuation in exchange rates between the EUR and GBP.

JohnnieK wrote: »
    It's only going to get worse Paddy. I've noticed the diesel creeping up again too.

I dont know where they get there figures from either. MY annual gas usage is no where near €1000.

Fat cats playing rounds of golf with each other and thinking of more lies to come up with and use to screw people over with and make even more of a profit...:eek::mad:

CER never says no to Bord Gais.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Noonan now says that the Property Tax wont be used at local council level and for local services and instead will go to paying back the germans.

So add that to gas price hikes,and Im sure there will be electricity price increases too.
    Then add in these stupid water charges and what do you get?????????

The people of Ireland being really screwed over and taken for an absolute ride.:eek::rolleyes::mad::mad:

Fcuk these water charges....I swear to god I will stand in their way or get a large truck parked over the stop cock shore and prevent them for putting it in the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Did I not read that they are selling the company? Typical. Bump it up to bump up profits and sell. Don't mind people living in BER G rated houses who don't have the money to improve it or the money to pay the bills.

• Advertisement

Did I not read that they are selling the company? Typical. Bump it up to bump up profits and sell. Don't mind people living in BER G rated houses who don't have the money to improve it or the money to pay the bills.

Fcuking disgracefull indeed.

People need to wake up and see that we are being really taken for a ride in this country now.

Bord Gáis Eireann is currently in the process of selling Bord Gáis Energy as part of a sell-off of state assets agreed with the EU/IMF Troika aimed at raising €3 billion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

You only have to look at who is on the Board of the CER & who is on the board of Bord Gais to see what is going on.

Transportation costs are nonsense as the only transportation costs they have are their own network & inter-connectors.

All international gas is purchased in US Dollars & this has been extremely stable for the past number of years, so nothing to do with Sterling.

I would be looking more closely at our Ginger Leader & The Rabbit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

It's as clear as day but unfortunately no matter how much we kick up nothing is going to happen. Sickening really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I am surprised that we are not hearing more complaints about this.
    There are a lot of people that are finding it difficult to pay their mortgage or monthly rent as it is without big increases like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

What I think is strange is that you have to be in arrears to get a credit meter fitted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

kleefarr wrote: »
    I am surprised that we are not hearing more complaints about this.
    There are a lot of people that are finding it difficult to pay their mortgage or monthly rent as it is without big increases like this.

More people will go to a local foothball match or Mc Donalds for a burger, than will go to a street protest for our basic rights.

Reble county my ass.

At least the French know how to protest, not in a voilent way but just to let the goverment know who elected them and what the public think and want.

Fair play to our OAP at least they protested over the medical card. And got a result. Well done, we all can learn from this.

But in the meantime lets all moan and groan and see who's playing in the local footy!!!!!

Today the CER said NO to the 7.22% increase.

However,they granted Bord Gais a 2% increase though.

Advertisement