Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with old stanley range

Options
  • 09-08-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We have a old Stanley super8 in our house, it smokes so bad we can't light it can any one give me any advice or recommend someone that could come and seal it for us.
    It has a back boiler and heats 8 rads, really I am lookin for someone with knowledge of these ranges in the Meath area or that could travel to us, we are in summerhill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I would strongly recomend you have the chimney cleaned prior to anyone coming to attempt to seal cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cliffyt

I would strongly recomend you have the chimney cleaned prior to anyone coming to attempt to seal cooker.

Thanks billy bunting will do, do you know is there ppl that come to do work on these old ranges or is it a case of " I know a guy ....."

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Cliffyt wrote: »
    Thanks billy bunting will do, do you know is there ppl that come to do work on these old ranges or is it a case of " I know a guy ....."
    You can hire a guy to clean the chimney but also get him to clean the range.
    It's not a question of sealing up the range but cleaning them every 4 - 6 weeks as they have a habit of clogging up very easy..
    Cc

Advertisement