Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a couple of Garda Motorcycles

Options
  • 09-08-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all, I'm looking for a couple of Garda motorcycles for some TV work next Saturday in Dublin. I know it's probably a long shot, 'cause I've had trouble in the past finding Garda cars.
    Failing anyone having one, I'd take a couple of black bikes of a similar make and style to the Garda ones.
    There's a couple of conditions, if I use 2 bikes they must look the same, the bikes either way must look modern, the owner is required to ride the bike in the scene.
    The gig is this Saturday in Dublin, it's for 2-3 hours and you'll get paid for it. If anyone's interested, give me a shout on this, my website (hint: my username) or look me up on Facebook.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Maybe try the Emergency Services forum, times are hard, you may get a PM.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

You could contact blood bike east. Their bikes are marked and have bluelights fitted already. I'm sure they'd welcome a nice donation if they could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭The Shane

While you may find someone to do it unofficially it's technically against the Garda code and you need to go through the press office afaik - remember a friend was looking for uniforms for a play and had to do that. They're fairly obliging if you have the time for a bit of being passed around.

Shane, The

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Shane wrote: »
    While you may find someone to do it unofficially it's technically against the Garda code and you need to go through the press office afaik - remember a friend was looking for uniforms for a play and had to do that. They're fairly obliging if you have the time for a bit of being passed around.

Shane, The

Yeah there is no way a Garda is going to put their job in jeopardy to make a few quid for a few hours. If they weren't on duty then taking the bike could be considered theft, they also can't be wearing the uniform unless they're on duty either.

In any case it is possible to get your hands on Garda uniforms and cars for film work- Love/Hate did it pretty often so provided that you are a serious film and production company and have the money then the Gardai will do business with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ta2kevin

Thanks for all the suggestions. If this was a bigger production I'd be contacting the Garda Press Office, but on this occasion close enough will do. So, if anyone has or knows of someone who has a black or white bike of similar style to the Garda fleet and wants 15 minutes of fame and some money, give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Thanks for all the suggestions. If this was a bigger production I'd be contacting the Garda Press Office, but on this occasion close enough will do. So, if anyone has or knows of someone who has a black or white bike of similar style to the Garda fleet and wants 15 minutes of fame and some money, give me a shout.

Why dont you though??

They may very well be able to loan some bikes that are off the road or wont be on duty on the day and time frame that you need them for.

Advertisement