Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supporters Club charter flight

Options
  • 09-08-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,091 ✭✭✭✭

Hi was thinking of going on the Irish Rugby supporters charter flight vs England in Feb 2014 (If it goes ahead).

has anyone here ever been on one of this flights ???

is it worth the money or would getting a package deal for the weekend be more cost effective ?

this will be my first ever flight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Getting a package deal is never the cheapest way to do it and whatever if it were Cardiff..getting a charter to London is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Aer Lingus, BA, Ryanair and Cityjet fly to six airports in the London area. There's plenty of accommodation to be had too. A bit of research and planning will save you a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

A charter flight package would make more sense if the destination was difficult/expensive to get to by conventional means. They are never going to be cheaper than organising it yourself.

Shop around and use the money you'll save as spending money. It would be put to much better use IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Do a bit of research and you'll save yourself a fortune. I got 2 nights in Montpellier this year for less than 1 night with the official package . I'll admit it was 4 flights rather than 2 but you won't have that issue with London.

Advertisement