Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing career

Options
  • 09-08-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I recently graduated from a BA in journalism part time while working in sales for many years. Now I am trying to transition my career but I cannot do an internship because I have a young family to support. I have been trying freelancing but not much success as I have basically gotten stuck in analysis paralysis. I would like to decide on a few things I could try out as career options once and for all and just go after them now.

I have listed below some of the things I would consider to be qualities, values and passions and I would appreciate if people would be kind enough to provide feedback on careers you think might be relevant to that set. Maybe there will be something I haven't thought of.

Qualities

Good listener, good communicator, patient, friendly, conservative but open minded.

Values

Good health, giving back to society, helping others, education, living ethically

Passions

Writing, music, learning, teaching, walking, baking, reading.

Any ideas on good careers or work that might suit someone with that kind of profile?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement