Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice regards 123.ie no claims bonus cert

Options
  • 09-08-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

So today I talked to my previous insurer 123.ie to look for a copy of my no claims bonus cert because I am switching insurance companies, and they said they sent it to me with my renewal but I don't recall getting this email and even went onto there site to get a new quote.

So I asked for a copy to be sent and they said it would cost me 20 euro!

Can they send things like this by email? Its no good to me in email when I need to print it anyway, what rights have I got will I have to pay the 20 euro fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

They've done this before, it was on a previous thread. Get them to send you a copy of the original e-mail as proof of transmission. If they can't prove to you that it was sent. Threaten the Ombudsman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

lisar816 wrote: »
    So today I talked to my previous insurer 123.ie to look for a copy of my no claims bonus cert because I am switching insurance companies, and they said they sent it to me with my renewal but I don't recall getting this email and even went onto there site to get a new quote.

So I asked for a copy to be sent and they said it would cost me 20 euro!

Can they send things like this by email? Its no good to me in email when I need to print it anyway, what rights have I got will I have to pay the 20 euro fee?

Really it should be posted to you on proper bonus paper as if you were to move insurer, many will ask for the original.

Unfortunately, they build in these charges as standard and they are often hidden in the small print.

As above, as for the email again. If they can't provide, speak to a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

well I sent an email today about the right to obtain any information they may have about me, which should include the no claims bonus and I got an email saying they need it in writing and a copy of photo id.

But when I went back to look at the email I got this,

We’re sorry, but there appears to be a problem loading the email "RE: right to obtain a copy". Retry

surly if they can do this with the email I sent them they can do it with any email they send are they trying to scam people?

I just went ahead and got in touch with the financial regulator see what they say.

well I sent an email today about the right to obtain any information they may have about me, which should include the no claims bonus and I got an email saying they need it in writing and a copy of photo id.

But when I went back to look at the email I got this,

We’re sorry, but there appears to be a problem loading the email "RE: right to obtain a copy". Retry

surly if they can do this with the email I sent them they can do it with any email they send are they trying to scam people?

I just went ahead and got in touch with the financial regulator see what they say.

Ah fook that.

I would try speaking to a manager first. You are probably dealing with some spotty teenager.

I should know, I am one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

well update!

Went on live chat this morning to say i wanted to speak with the manager, if it is not sorted today i would be in touch with the financial regulator. The person said they would get someone to contact me.

About 10 minutes later the documents were in my email account and i have to say i never seen the email before.

• Advertisement

well update!

Went on live chat this morning to say i wanted to speak with the manager, if it is not sorted today i would be in touch with the financial regulator. The person said they would get someone to contact me.

About 10 minutes later the documents were in my email account and i have to say i never seen the email before.

Well done. That's that sorted now. Make sure you get a decent insurance agent now next time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Well done. Like any problem that arises, I try and have it resolved politely, giving the person the chance to correct it. After that, I rip them a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 druidsland

experiencing same scam on myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 tero

druidsland wrote: »
    experiencing same scam on myself.
    Had the same problem myself in July 123.ie said my no claims bonus was with my renewal Doc,s in a e mail i found it but could not print it of so i down loaded it onto a memory stick and took it to the internet cafe and they printed it for me for 50 cent.

Advertisement