Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Music Artists/ Too Good To Be Forgotten

Options
  • 09-08-2013 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I have been thinking about this for such a long time and I know ones musical
    taste is often qualified by your age (teenage influences) and so on. If only music lists etc began when you started listening to music all would be OK.
    What I would love to do is mention some of those brilliant but largely forgotten artists who are

"Too good to be Forgotten"

from any decade.

With youtube it's easy to have a quick listen to anything and then make up your own mind. Obviously I hope you have an artist who you feel did not get the recognition or popularity deserved or maybe because of time passing are now largely unknown today.

I know fame is short but I am talking about the music / the art.

OK I'll start with just three Artists for now and set the ball rolling.

Sandy Denny/ eg A cd with her singing on titled "Liege and Lief "..with.. Fairport Convention (Folk) is in my opinion A classic

Tim Buckley... (Father of Jeff Buckley)... So many great songs.......

Rickie Lee Jones..... First cd Rickie L Jones

That's just my initial three. and cds are a guide

This is not about affirmations of what one likes
    but a recognition of what one feels is really good music from an artist who is now in the main forgotten but deserves better

PS......To gender balance it up..... Clifford T Ward ... has so many great songs

Comments

Advertisement