Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

never did this before? trying to upgrade desktop?????????

Options
  • 08-08-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a Dell optiplex330 and a emachines E17T4W monitor and im trying to upgrade it to play games on steam can ya,ll please help me?????? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

what processor is inside that optiplex?

right click on "my computer" and choose properties.. should be some info there.

The highest I am guessing it could be is one of the budget dual core's, perhaps an e2160 or so

If that's the case, the only real "upgrade" would be a graphics card that doesn't draw much power, perhaps a stick or two of ram.

With that it could run older games, sim, budget and indie games, but newer more graphic intensive ones would struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Jonny7 wrote: »
    what processor is inside that optiplex?

right click on "my computer" and choose properties.. should be some info there.

The highest I am guessing it could be is one of the budget dual core's, perhaps an e2160 or so

If that's the case, the only real "upgrade" would be a graphics card that doesn't draw much power, perhaps a stick or two of ram.

With that it could run older games, sim, budget and indie games, but newer more graphic intensive ones would struggle.

Go to run (or if not winxp the search bar in the start menu) and type dxdiag and hit enter. Post up what you find

Advertisement