Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What little things make you jump?

Options
  • 08-08-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I'm talking about things that are often innocent enough...e.g, I have the window open in the bedroom and the wind has obviously made the door creak and close.

At first though, I nearly emptied my bladder with fright-I thought there was someone in the house.

Another thing is when I'm doing the dishes and I'm looking out the window, which is facing the back garden, and I see two green eyes peering back at me (the neighbour's cat sitting on the window ledge)

So, I'm not talking about obvious things (horror films etc)..just the little silly things in life that make you jump out of your skin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Fences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

What little things make you jump?

Kriss Kross.
    Littler now since Mac Daddy died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Skipping ropes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

my alarm clock this morning. I set it for the same time every Thursday morning but this morning was not quite awake but not asleep either. next thing 'Dong' and I jumped. That and when a dog came out from a ditch right in front of my car as I was doing 75-80km/hr on a main road and finally one day I came round a corner next thing the wing mirror off the car in front hit my windscreen because there was an accident just in front of me.

Please note: The dog was perfectly fine. No one was injured in the accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

baked beans (a penny a lump)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pensivepuca

Being dark outside and standing inside with the light on, who knows what could be looking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Stepping on a plug bare-footed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Spiders... especially cyborg ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

That unexpected little drop when walking across what you thought was a flat surface and your impending death for a few milliseconds

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

If someone comes up quietly to me when I'm concentrating on something and speaks or even just 'appears' beside me, I jump out of my skin.

It's so amusing that people then do it intentionally to get a reaction. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

When you think you are falling in your sleep and wake up with a jump, I hate and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Hasmunch wrote: »
    That unexpected little drop when walking across what you thought was a flat surface and your impending death for a few milliseconds
    When you're going up the stairs in the dark and think there is one more step when there's not... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

The toaster... no matter how much I try to prepare for it popping, it always still gets me.

Bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Waking up in the middle of the night with a calf cramp from HELL!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The dratted woman in my hearing aid who says 'battery low', always makes me jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Sandypants

late night phone calls...means you can be be in for a good time!!.... or someone needs help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

An electric shock to the bum-bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Van Halen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

When I mistook my son's phone for my own and was woken up by his alarm tone....a loud Mexican shouting "wake up or I kiiiiill you". Not good for the heart. Jump is an understatement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Getting a finger stuck up your arsé - I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

When I listen to an album whilst on the PC, just as background filler, and it ends without me really noticing, lulling me into a false sense of security, and then 5 minutes later the hidden bonus track erupts from the speakers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Butterflies. They're hard to catch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

When a balloon explodes and gives me a little fright!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

The glaucoma test at the opticians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Using my phone in a dark room, and a fly comes out of nowhere to fly at the light, right in front of my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

A fly practically landing in my ear, I do like a karate ninja thing with my arms because its frightens me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Electric shocks, and 20% of car drivers who seem hell-bent on killing me when I'm out on my motorbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

All the answers are taken, so nothing else makes me jump

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

When abroad.

Nodding off and a mosquito buzzes right above your head.

Night ruined :mad:

Ill take Irish weather over the little fckers anyday.

Advertisement