Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick internet question

Options
  • 08-08-2013 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey so I'm currently on a plan with meteor to get 20g of internet for 15 euro a month excluding my calls and texts, I'm aware that this is an excellent plan however I still manage to go over the 15g (which is meant to be "unlimited") as I use my phone as a wifi hotspot for my laptop too which uses up tonnes of data. When I go over my bill ends up being about double or sometimes even triple so I really do need more data. Approx 20-25g data would be fine.

My problem is this: I don't have a phone at home so I can't get a phone line connection for internet, I need a type of internet that is portable and works for both my phone and my laptop. The dongle is the only other option on meteor, it gives more data but it winds being 10 more expensive than my current overall bill (45euro currently). What I want to do is stick to my current plan with meteor which is 30euro without the internet and go elsewhere for the internet.

I know its pretty cheeky but is there any form of internet that can give me 20-25g of internet, can be used for both phone and internet, and is 15 euro or under a month.

It doesn't HAVE to be portable as there are plenty of places I can steal wifi from in town but that would be an added bonus. Like I said I know its a cheeky deal I'm looking for but seeing as cash is so tight at the moment I figure there's no harm in trying to suss it out. Thanks in advance for any advice on the matter.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I don't really understand, what is your question?

Advertisement