Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The conjuring..

Options
  • 08-08-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Scariest film I've seen in a while!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I must be getting old. i thought it was a bit boring with the pulling out of bed stuff etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Thomasmartin

Aw there were a few good scary bits in it!! Def better than paranomal activity and the likes!

Your prefer being pulled into bed? ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

downloaded this the other day to watch over the weekend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I cant say I was a fan of paranormal activity either .. its hard to make a good scary movie these days since most of the bases have already been covered many times over.

Yea plus it takes a while to get into it and get very repetitive...I think conjuring keeps you entertained the whole way thru!

• Advertisement

They did try and throw everything at it in the end tho...white sheet..birds..doll!!

Maybe could have cut back a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Dying to see this flick . Although I think horror movies have become less and less scarier in recent times . There needs to be more Blair witch type movies .

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Thought it was the best horror flick is have seen in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

maccored wrote: »
    I cant say I was a fan of paranormal activity either .. its hard to make a good scary movie these days since most of the bases have already been covered many times over.

Easily the worst movie I have seen in years,been more scared watching Tom n Jerry.

Easily the worst movie I have seen in years,been more scared watching Tom n Jerry.

Clearly u need to get a job and stop watching kids tv!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I haven't seen a good horror in a long time and this had some real old school classic moments, most horrors these days are all Saw 6 and Paranormal Activity (in other words utter sh*te). Remarkable camera work too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

Clearly u need to get a job and stop watching kids tv!!!
    Clearly you missed the episode where Tom chased Jerry with a power saw inside Asda then,eh !!!

Clearly you missed the episode where Tom chased Jerry with a power saw inside Asda then,eh !!!

hahaha I clearly did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Decent horror movie. It dosnt Ham it up nearly as much as most modern horror films.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I'm hearing most people giving good opinions on this movie, and even though I thought it was good, there just wasn't much we haven't seen before.

I will say though that there were some scenes that gave me proper shivers!!

I did however, leave with a fascination for the Warrens. Been googling away ever since! Fascinating stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Niamho! wrote: »
    I'm hearing most people giving good opinions on this movie, and even though I thought it was good, there just wasn't much we haven't seen before.

I did however, leave with a fascination for the Warrens. Been googling away ever since! Fascinating stuff!

Ha ha I've been doing the same, even followed them in you tube. Some interesting videos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Haha, Me too!

The Whole Annabelle thing actually interested me more than the rest. That's madness. I don't know whether I'd like to visit the Occult museum or whether I might actually crap myself at the thought of going in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Royal.Baby

I was expecting this to be much better, but most horror movies are a let down especially the last third.

I did Google the Warrens though, its obviously all hocus pocus but it is interesting none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

This. I read rave reviews for this and was dying to see it. Turns out it wasn't a bit original.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Me too :D fascinating is right!! The Annabelle thing really gave me the creeps.. I think I heard something about that doll before somewhere..

The real doll looks a lot less sinister than the movie version though.. still something quite menacing about her though :eek: *shivers*

I really enjoyed the movie.. few really good scenes in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

didn't understand the scene with annabel the doll and the young daughter?? how did it get out of the glass box?? what did it have to do with what was going on in the other house??

This. I read rave reviews for this and was dying to see it. Turns out it wasn't a bit original.

yep, it had elements of....what lies beneath, the birds, amityville horror and every other haunted house movie i've seen

but, having said that i did jump out of my seat from time to time:o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

fryup wrote: »
    didn't understand the scene with annabel the doll and the young daughter?? how did it get out of the glass box?? what did it have to do with what was going on in the other house??

yep, it had elements of....what lies beneath, the birds, amityville horror and every other haunted house movie i've seen

but, having said that i did jump out of my seat from time to time:o

Yeah I didn't really get that bit either.. I guess it was to emphasise that the Witch had gotten a hold of the Warrens' Daughter and was setting about infiltrating their lives too, maybe via the doll :confused:.. but it did confuse things a wee bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

xzanti wrote: »
    Me too :D fascinating is right!! The Annabelle thing really gave me the creeps.. I think I heard something about that doll before somewhere..

The real doll looks a lot less sinister than the movie version though.. still something quite menacing about her though :eek: *shivers*

I really enjoyed the movie.. few really good scenes in it.

I am the same, I have been googling them. I can't seem to to find much on the family themselves though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

xzanti wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't really get that bit either.. I guess it was to emphasise that the Witch had gotten a hold of the Warrens' Daughter and was setting about infiltrating their lives too, maybe via the doll :confused:.. but it did confuse things a wee bit..

I know this was posted a while ago but the point of that storyline was remember the twin lockets that Lorraine and her daughter had well when Lorraine lost her locket when she fell down through the house into the basement the witch used it to pass through into Lorraines house where the other locket was, beside her daughter's bed, and scare the bejesus out of her daughter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

I thought it was very good. some really scary moments and great camera work. I do think new movies have dispensed with the dull, fearsome blackness of the old horror movies. They are far too shiny nowadays IMO. Still this one was the best i've seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

same here I find horror movies these days are all blood and guts which isn't scary nor appealing, to me anyway, I like a good old fashioned creepiness! If anyone has any recommendations let me know - besides the Conjuring I haven't had a genuine scare from a film in years :)

Advertisement