Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bebo is Relaunching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RobGJ

Hehe, great video there...Wonder if Bebo will take off again..a lot of heads might join it again for nostalgia but I don't know -can't see it making a big impact to the social media landscape..Any thoughts yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hatchmedia

Great Video, unfortunately I don't think it will make an impact however.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thank crikey I done a spate of deletions on there some years back and took virtually everything down. I have no notion of which e-mail I actually used though (grew up with bebo in my school-going years) so just tried a few of my addresses and will see if anything will be returned.

The marketing team will have some job on their hands when they re-launch this though. Interesting if they'll be back 'in' again; highly doubtful right now with all the competition out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

This is a longshot but is there any chance of getting my old Bebo photos back. I am getting married next year and some photos of when my fiance and i first met were on it and i would love to get them back. (I never saved them before it was taken down :()

Is there anyway of doing this or are they gone to abyss?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.bebo.com/#faq

What is going to happen to my old account?
    The short answer:
    Your old photos and blog posts are safe.
    They will be available for download in a couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

biko wrote: »
    http://www.bebo.com/#faq

What is going to happen to my old account?
    The short answer:
    Your old photos and blog posts are safe.
    They will be available for download in a couple of months.

Cheers for that, i seen that ages ago and nothing has been done, does anyone know when they plan to relaunch the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Anyone know if it's possible to get my old videos off bebo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lego101

JP85 wrote: »
    This is a longshot but is there any chance of getting my old Bebo photos back. I am getting married next year and some photos of when my fiance and i first met were on it and i would love to get them back. (I never saved them before it was taken down :()

Is there anyway of doing this or are they gone to abyss?

my profile is still there! search your name with bebo after it, you may find your profile and all your pictures! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Anyone know if it is possible yet to download old photos from bebo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Anyone know if it is possible yet to download old photos from bebo?
    View the photo you have on bebo and right click the picture and choose Save Image ..and choose the desktop of your computer , that is if you have a Windows PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

gugleguy wrote: »
    View the photo you have on bebo and right click the picture and choose Save Image ..and choose the desktop of your computer , that is if you have a Windows PC.

I would but I'm afraid I cannot access my profile. Does anyone know when I might be able to access my profile again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Oldschoolguy

Just remembered Bebo.com was thinking if it will come back it was the first social network website but sadly god abandoned because of facebook
    whats peoples thoughts on this

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just remembered Bebo.com was thinking if it will come back it was the first social network website but sadly god abandoned because of facebook

Hasn't it already relaunched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Oldschoolguy

gerrybbadd no don't think it has ??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

gerrybbadd no don't think it has ??

Sorry, thought it had a big relaunch there about 3 years back

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I sort of miss those years. Like a mini blogging profile site, ohh good times. Remember embedding videos and pictures and stuff?

I think come around 2009 it was dying. It was very popular but Facebook was better in a lot of ways when you compare it to Bebo. Facebook had messenger and things that Bebo just didn't. Around that time broadband was becoming much more available and might also have been a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

it's supposed to have come back, it says on the website that they are changing it, but all they've come up with is a chat app.... :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

SMJSF wrote:
    it's supposed to have come back, it says on the website that they are changing it, but all they've come up with is a chat app.... :-/

I'm pretty sure the "new relaunched" bebo is there attempt at 3 mobile chat apps... kinda pointless Imo

I'm pretty sure the "new relaunched" bebo is there attempt at 3 mobile chat apps... kinda pointless Imo

you've to put in your email address of your past account, and "you'll be told" when it's back..... 1 year later and I'm still itching to go back and see what I was like back in 2008ish (cringe!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

Bebo came out yesterday,, I have a copy on my phone.. its in the beta stage and will be released next week..

Its good fun so far.. just like a fun whatsapp.. you pick an avatar of yourself that you can tailor.. then when you use certain hashtags your little avatar changes... #irish shows you holding a beer and a shramrock... its pretty cool.. I think it might take off actually.. when it goes on general release..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

superman28 wrote:
    Its good fun so far.. just like a fun whatsapp.. you pick an avatar of yourself that you can tailor.. then when you use certain hashtags your little avatar changes... #irish shows you holding a beer and a shramrock... its pretty cool.. I think it might take off actually.. when it goes on general release..

Do previous users of bebo still have access to their information?

it seems like there wont be an actual "account" for a website anymore.
    It is only apps. I'm quite disappointed!
    no "luv" for bebo now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Has anyone tried getting their old photos off Bebo?

I've tried but the issue is the email I had at the time is no longer in use.

Still awaiting a response from them to see if they would send it to a new email address of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GBrownie

Thanks "Schwartz" for this great news.

Advertisement