Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling three broadband and have lost my repeater

Options
  • 08-08-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I wish to cancel my three broadband account. i have been a good customer for three years but find the product not fit for purpose at this stage.

i rang customer care to cancel and give my one months notice. three years ago,
    because i am a national broadband scheme customer i was entitled to a free repeater to boost my signal but it did not serve its purpose at all so i did not use it.

the repeater has since been mislaid and now three are telling me i cannot unsubscribe unless i give them the serial number of the repeater they sent to me . otherwise i will have to incur a charge of 180 euro to my account?

what are my options at this stage? it is annoying really as the repeater never worked and i have always paid all bills on time and have been a good customer for three years!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Call again and tell them you want to cancel and ask them where in the published T&C's that you signed up to does it mention anything about a cancellation procedure that involves you giving them the repeater serial number.

If they still won't let you cancel explain this all to comreg consumerline@comreg.ie and ask them how to proceed because the repeater is not part of the contract that you originally signed up to and want to cancel first and worry about the repeater after you have cancelled.

I'd be thinking about cancelling any DD with 3 so they can't cancel the contract and take the money without telling you.

Advertisement