Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal lite ion exchange water softener

Options
  • 08-08-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I have a bored well with hard water and high levels of iron and manganese. A crystalrite ion exchange thing was put in and I read that it replaces the hard ions with sodium ions to make it soft.I asked the man does that mean that the water I am drinking is now high in sodium/ salt and he said no because no brine/salt enters the water which comes out of the tap. Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭dathi

no! the calcium ion in the hard water is replaced with a sodium ion to make it soft. it is recommend that at least one drinking water tap is left un-softened , ie your kitchen sink should have a supply that bypasses the softener.otherwise you are drinking water which has a high sodium level, which is not good for babies or people with heart problems

Advertisement