Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dyno's??

Options
  • 08-08-2013 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Well lads, Anyone know of anywhere that does dyno tests around the south east? I've embarrased a few cars now that i just shouldn't of in my 110 GT TDI, one of which was a 180 GTI in Tullow. I always knew it was remapped but i was told to around 150 when i bought it and i'm seriously starting to doubt that statement by the previous owner. I'm finding very little on google of anywhere in the country never mind the south east that does it besides pre recession threads on various forums, and does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to get it done??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

First of all there is no such thing as a mk4 GT TDI, that was a UK dealers putting on additional badges, google joe power i think he is working out of ashbourne now and his remapping/dyno is second to none and cost around 50e the last time i had one done. If its a mapped 110bhp it wont be over 150bhp without changing turbos,manifolds,injectors etc..... and even then would probably be sh*ting clutches....

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Clutchkick

The data sticker in the boot would beg to differ, if it could talk of course.

2dj0z9s.jpg

The Garrett gt17v turbo on any of the 1.9 tdi engines (PD,AHF,AVI ect) has a maximum possible output of 180bhp with the injectors from a Hilux it can be brought up as far as 220bhp, a cheap and easy find in just about any breaker's yard.

I've been going around with the last couple of months with no reverse lights because i need a new switch and the right swith for the car wont fit the mystery gear box that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Clutchkick wrote: »
    Well lads, Anyone know of anywhere that does dyno tests around the south east? I've embarrased a few cars now that i just shouldn't of in my 110 GT TDI, one of which was a 180 GTI in Tullow.
    Have you considered that not everyone you "race" is willing to risk loosing their license and go to jail just so they can post on a forum how they beat an old Golf TDI..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Have you considered that not everyone you "race" is willing to risk loosing their license and go to jail just so they can post on a forum how they beat an old Golf TDI..

I would of agreed with ya but the OP does mention Tullow, which has a drag strip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Another boy racer in a GT TDI just what the world needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

In his defence (don't ask why I'm defending, I don't know either) he did mention Tullow, which would be the drag strip

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Exactly.

You can 'embarrass' any driver who doesn't know there band and gear changes.

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    Another boy racer in a GT TDI just what the world needs.

I said in Tullow (Referring to the drag strip), If you classify me as a boy racer for racing in a safe and legal enviroment would you prefer if i did it on the road, maybe kill someone in the process?? I'm not comparing my self in any way but F1 drivers race in a track, by your logic they must be boy racers aswell?

What are you on about? You make it sound like i've made a thread asking people to post about what they've raced, and why do you have the word race in inverted commas, no one said that word before your post, who are you quoting? I was reffering to the drag strip in Tullow, fair enough maybe you didn't know about it or failed to make the connection but dont be so quick to attack someone if you havn't got all the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The Garrett gt17v turbo on any of the 1.9 tdi engines (PD,AHF,AVI ect) has a maximum possible output of 180bhp with the injectors from a Hilux it can be brought up as far as 220bhp, a cheap and easy find in just about any breaker's yard.

I've been going around with the last couple of months with no reverse lights because i need a new switch and the right swith for the car wont fit the mystery gear box that's in it.

Hilux injectors :D:D you can put the injectors from a 737 in it if you want but you are not getting 200 bhp out of 110 bhp golf with out at least a hybrid turbo,a FMIC a turbo back exhaust and a remap.

I'd say the 1.8T golf you embarrassed was running like a bag of spanners most of the 1.8T's around seem to be,how do you know it was a 180 and not a 150 even?

I can't even believe i replied to this lol damn night shift!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭colincork

Just to bring this thread back to the OP's question... there is a garage in cork city called JDM garage that has a quality dyno.

This guy is testing 500+ bhp cars and he knows what he's doing.

PM me if you want a number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

What pressure you running? Have you an egt guage? It is possible that that turbo will produce kind of near that output circa 150 ish bhp but over 200 bhp on a relatively small turbo?

And the clutch wont be happy with a heavy foot at low rpms.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

What are you on about? You make it sound like i've made a thread asking people to post about what they've raced, and why do you have the word race in inverted commas, no one said that word before your post, who are you quoting? I was reffering to the drag strip in Tullow, fair enough maybe you didn't know about it or failed to make the connection but dont be so quick to attack someone if you havn't got all the facts.

Yeah... quotes in this usage dont refer to a repetition of a previously mention piece of text. When you see people use quotation marks around a key word in a satirical manner on a forum/book, you are reading scare quotes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scare_quotes

Yes, I didnt get you were referring to an amenity near a town when you referred to it solely by the town name. I guess common awareness of this is not as high as you thought and up to this point I would say genuinely everyone that comes in here swooning about their Golf smoker is doing so after doing something stupid not-on-a drag strip.

Advertisement