Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teeth whitening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Youre basically buying a medical product on ebay :eek:

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly to let you know the many pitfalls..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭G.Murphy

I bought some before off of this buyer but it was only 35% instead of 44%. would rather pay the extra to get them done proper but I am completely lost on where to go etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Go to a dentist, nearly all dentist offer whitening that is safe and effective.

This whole notion of percentages is rubbish. The effectiveness of bleach is related to how well the bleach releases oxygen and over what time period. Cheap gels are unbuffered, ineffective and often dangerously caustic. Good whitening products can have less concentration of peroxide but are buffered to release it more slowly, and be less effected by saliva. The trays that hold the gel against your teeth need to seal the beach in and the saliva out, boil in the bags one are pure nonsense.

At the end of the day, you need a dentist to do the job. Cheaper alternatives are ineffective at best and dangerous at worst. There is a science to dental bleaching, its not a slap this domestos on you teeth sort of thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

computer44 Banned for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Thanks Heli, also abusive PM to me this morning. My advice is go to a dentist....what a terrible thing to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

My advice is go to a dentist....what a terrible thing to say.

A trip to the dentist isn't that bad.

;)

Advertisement