Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"UK workers, aged 30, should pay £824 monthly into pensions’"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

That seems like a crazy amount of money to be paid monthly

http://www.ftadviser.com/2013/07/24/pensions/worker-aged-should-pay-into-pensions-qb72doQcKuoZTeo9NH1N8K/article.html

Have you a pension or would you rather invest elsewhere?

Jesus.

That's a hell of a lot of money from a UK salary. I only assume the employer must pay the majority of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

****ing stupid idiots, invest your money in safety where there's guaranteed no risk, such as bank shares or property.

Dopes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Thankfully because of the high rates of cancer in my family i am unlikely to ever need a pension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Well its the FT. If you put more money into your pension. The boys in the city will be making a lot more.

But seriously the Irish pension system is a joke. Everyone gets the same pension regardless of how much PRSI you have paid as long as you make x number of contributions. It was more fair when they had the PRSI ceiling of €75,000. But someone who pays a ****load in PRSI still gets the same pension as someone who paid **** all PRSI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I like many can't afford one, so no point worrying about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

1210m5g wrote: »
    Thankfully because of the high rates of cancer in my family i am unlikely to ever need a pension.

Wow... :eek:
    galwayrush wrote: »

Yea exactly, just enjoy yourself now and when you're old you can just sponge off the rest of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I had one in previous jobs that are still out there somewhere, but seeing as...

- I can't afford it now (now that I am entitled to start one again)
    - Pensions have been massively devalued/emptied/raided by our government

... it's no longer something I worry too much about

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

By the time we get old the world will be truly ****ed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

biko wrote: »
    By the time we get old the world will be truly ****ed anyway.

I'm hoping for some kind of 'Logan's Run' scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

**** I'm thirty one so should be putting loads in!

Actually between mine and my employers contribution I put in between £600 and £650 a month so not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

****ing stupid idiots, invest your money in safety where there's guaranteed no risk, such as bank shares or property.

Dopes. :rolleyes:

Nothing on this earth nor, IMO, this universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

galwayrush wrote: »
    Can you afford not to have one? Your pensioner self isn't going to thank you for your short-termism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Phoebas wrote: »
    Can you afford not to have one? Your pensioner self isn't going to thank you for your short-termism.

...his young self will be dead by then, so he doesn't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

My Alzheimers self wont care though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

ah here phoebe.

Property tax. Broadcast tax. Prsi. USC water charges. .......

I want access to your money tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I don't get paid every week, sometimes don't get paid by clients. simply don't have the money.

Advertisement