Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Landrover Defender Hire

Options
  • 07-08-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Does anyone know anywhere in Ireland, preferably Cork, where you can hire a Landrover Defender?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭dantastic

Eeeer? what do you want it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

What does it matter what he wants it for?

pete4130 wrote: »
    What does it matter what he wants it for?
    Really?
    Can I borrow your car, I need to haul some prime fertilizer.... QED

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Yeah, really. You hire a car under certain conditions you sign for. If you use it out of those conditions and its found out then you pay for any damage, extra KM's etc... thats between the hirer and hiree.

If the hirer doesn't disclose their real intended use and screws up then they pay or hired from somewhere else with their intended use stated and paid more for the hire. They might want to take a chance. Either way, it's none of our business what they want it for.

I'd not like to know your thoughts on someone looking to hire a vacuum cleaner, or concrete vibrator or an endoscope......

Borrowing and hiring are two different things as well. You don't borrow from a hire company and you don't hire from a friend normally. Each has its own conditions attached. If yo breach those conditions, its on your own and be prepapred to accept the fines, penalties or consequences. It's still isn't any of our business what he wants it for.

And that's fine if you're looking to rent a ford focus but a land rover defender doesn't show up as often in the hertz catalog so let's be honest about it, renting as per your own description is probably out the window.

So op is looking for someone on here with a defender they can borrow. I for one would like to know what it was going to be used for before I parted with my car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

These days people seem to be too nosy on internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm going to take a wild punt and say that it's for a wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'm going to take a wild punt and say that it's for a wedding?

I reckon you've cracked this one Holmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you don't get no joy here OP you could try donedeal and adverts, contact people with Defenders for sale and see if they'd be interested in hiring it out for a weekend? Worst case scenario, they say no or want a ridiculous security deposit.

Contact various places like www.enterprise.ie, Hertz, Budget etc and see what they have to offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Try here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

or here www.4xforum.net irelands largest (and best) 4wd forum :D we've plenty members down cork way that would see you right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Yep, what he said^^^^ ;)

The only hire Defenders I've seen here have come from SHB Hire in the UK, they rent fleets of them out to construction companies and the like.

Advertisement