Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for buying laptop in instalments/hire purchase

Options
  • 07-08-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So the motherboard went on my XPS at the worst possible time as I have a lot of work to do. I need a new laptop ASAP but I'm so low on funds there is no way I could pay for one up front.

Where would be the best place to purchase one for hire purchase? I am based in Kilkenny. Would it just be handier to go to a computer shop here?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

argos offer it, pcspeciallists.co.uk have a payplan option too

• Registered Users Posts: 81,845 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You should look into financing options before hire purchase. most should offer terms like 6/12/18/24 months at a fixed percentage (sometimes 0%) as long as you make regular minimum pmts and pay off the principal within the timeframe. Dependent on your credit worthiness. Hire purchase is not dependent on credit worthiness but as a result is also a less appealing option and far more expensive in the long run. A hire purchase place around the corner from my store offers terms that typically cost the buyer 3x the purchase cost of the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

argos offer it, pcspeciallists.co.uk have a payplan option too

pcspeciallists.co.uk

Please note that finance is currently only available for orders placed in GBP (£) and for customers who live in the UK permanently.

Advertisement