Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare question??!

Options
  • 07-08-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

It's my first time on job seekers allowance so am pretty new to the whole thing. Basically I just got my first payment recently but i have been offered work for the next two weeks. The work is only for two weeks so do i sign off and back on again when finished or just write a letter to social welfare explaining this?

any help much appreciated!!:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Forget about the job stay on the system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

You're in the wrong part of boards to ask.. You don't want an AH response :P

Try : State Benefits

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Hi there,

It's my first time on job seekers allowance so am pretty new to the whole thing. Basically I just got my first payment recently but i have been offered work for the next two weeks. The work is only for two weeks so do i sign off and back on again when finished or just write a letter to social welfare explaining this?

You be better of posting this in the state benefit section. Wont get a serious answer in here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Maybe you should ask in State Benefits?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=861

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Clareabu123

i am new to this also lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Nemeses wrote: »
    You're in the wrong part of boards to ask.. You don't want an AH response :P

Try : State Benefits

:)

Damn you bet me!

You be better of posting this in the state benefit section. Wont get a serious answer in here.

thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Mr. G wrote: »
    Damn you bet me!

Maybe you'll promote me to Mod then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

i am new to this also lol

Rule number one then if your gonna ask a serious question in After Hours you will more then likely never get a serious answer :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Going by the fact that nobody here can advocate breaking the law, all anybody here can say apart from going to the Paleontology forum is that you should sign off for the duration of your work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Hi there,

Notify the SW office, that is the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Everybody's very helpful round here today.

What gives?

Well i never said i wasn't going to tell social welfare that wasn't even an option. It was originally 4 days work so rang social welfare and they said ya no problem just give us a letter saying that but now it has turned in to another weeks work so unsure how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

What gives?

It's because of you. AH used to be backwards, but since you have joined, we have since started going backwards which means we are forwards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hi there,

There is such a thing called a "nixer" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

What gives?

It's the sign on day today. We're all in the "we're all unemployed and following the rules to the letter".

I thought the OP was the inspector

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement