Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronopost deliveries from France

Options
  • 07-08-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi

Does anyone know whats the customer service number for ChronoPost courier in Ireland?

I am expecting a package from France and Chronopost tried to deliver at home but I was not present. They did not leave any note and their website doesn't list any Ireland numbers. I called their French number but could not connect to any representative after 10 minutes of hold.

http://www.chronopost.fr/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

try http://www.dpd.ie as a possiblity.

Mod: moved to Consumer Issues which might get a better answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 af1020

Tried DPD. They do not have my package. Also checked with TNT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Did you get a tracking number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 af1020

I do have a tracking number and I can track it on Chronopost's website. Its just that I dont have a way of contacting them since they did not leave a notice in the mail for attempted delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Google suggests Interlink as the Chronopost partner for the UK & Republic of Ireland:

http://www.interlinkexpress.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

Possibly FedEx..

"FedEx will process express shipments for Chronopost International to and from the following countries: France, Germany, Great Britain, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway. Each company will continue to pick up from and deliver to its respective customers."

http://www.fedex.com/us/about/news/pressreleases/archives/pressrelease202564767.html?link=4

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

for me in cork it was dpd for chronopost. the tracking progress was about 1 day behind the actual package

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sorry for bumping an old(ish) thread.

Anyone have any update on this as I figured it was DPD too but called them and they didn't know Chronopost or recognise the tracking number ;-(

Only thing I can think of is that it is sent to them form Birmingham with a different tracking number

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭rocksimmo

Hi vicwatson.
    If you pm the tracking number you have I will check the DPD Uk system for you tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

It's definitely DPD. I ordered a lot from a French site over the last few years who used GLS to transport, with zero issues. They switched earlier this year to Chronopost / DPD and I've found the service very unreliable, with damage very common. It was so bad in fact, that I stopped ordering from the site.

edit: and yes, DPD UK do give the package a new tracking number - this should be listed on the Chronopost tracking as 'partner reference' or something like that. DPD Ireland then give it another new number, which will be listed on the DPD UK site!

edit again: The DPD UK number is listed on the Chronopost tracking like this: "Numéro partenaire:GEO/0408300XXXXXXXA" (Drop the 'GEO/' when entering it on the DPD site).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

It's definitely DPD. I ordered a lot from a French site over the last few years who used GLS to transport, with zero issues. They switched earlier this year to Chronopost / DPD and I've found the service very unreliable, with damage very common. It was so bad in fact, that I stopped ordering from the site.

If damage is common it means the place you are buying from do not understand how to pack. I ship about 10,000 parcels a year with DPD, most contain glass, many are shipped to UK and mainland Europe - and its very rare we have a breakage.

We understand the process of trucking by road and how many times a parcel can be handled and we pack accordingly.

delahuntv wrote: »
    If damage is common it means the place you are buying from do not understand how to pack. I ship about 10,000 parcels a year with DPD, most contain glass, many are shipped to UK and mainland Europe - and its very rare we have a breakage.

We understand the process of trucking by road and how many times a parcel can be handled and we pack accordingly.
    Well, I can only go on my experience of receiving hundreds of items from that crowd, all glass. Only had a couple of breakages with GLS, but Chrono / DPD seemed to be every time. Routing is similar, so it's not as if there's a load of extra stops. I could even forgive that, but the lost packages and lies from DPD really took the biscuit. GLS were rock solid in comparison, which I was surprised about as they get a lot of flak here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

edit: and yes, DPD UK do give the package a new tracking number - this should be listed on the Chronopost tracking as 'partner reference' or something like that. DPD Ireland then give it another new number, which will be listed on the DPD UK site!

edit again: The DPD UK number is listed on the Chronopost tracking like this: "Numéro partenaire:GEO/0408300XXXXXXXA" (Drop the 'GEO/' when entering it on the DPD site).

Problem is dpd UK look for a postcode as well as the number. What do you do here then?

irishchris wrote: »
    Problem is dpd UK look for a postcode as well as the number. What do you do here then?

You don't need to enter a postcode, in my experience anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Sorry to revive old thread, but someone has sent me a very urgently needed package and it's showing since 6am as " Acheminement retardé : départ à la prochaine liaison aérienne ou routière" (delayed, will be sent on the next air or road link) in the West Midlands of England. The person who sent it didn't understand how my address worked and entered it slightly wrong. Chronopost on Twitter offered to help then never came to the DM.

Advertisement