Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance in Cork City

Options
  • 07-08-2013 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good Evening all,

Am in a bit of a pickle here and need some advice re: R.A.

I have been living at home with the folks during and post pregnancy, my little one is now 1. However I have been told to leave ASAP!!!.. I am on the housing list since Aug 2012 and heard nothing, so I need to know about RA. I never applied before as I was working and paid rent years ago, however circumstances have changed and now I am one lone parents benefit. What do i need to do. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Lisa

P.s. today i applied for 13 jobs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Penelope101

Hi Lisa,

You can get up to €700 on R.A.
    You apply through your community welfare officer. just tell her the truth that your not welcome at home anymore & need to get a place for you & your daughter.

I am a single mum with a 3 year old little boy. I'm living in a 4 bedroom house by The Lough in Cork. I want to rent out 2 bedrooms as I can't afford the rent & bills
    On my own. I was thinking it would be great to get in a single mum.
    Would this suit you?
    You can get RA for house sharing also.

Let me know what you think. :)

Am in a bit of a pickle here and need some advice re: R.A.

I have been living at home with the folks during and post pregnancy, my little one is now 1. However I have been told to leave ASAP!!!.. I am on the housing list since Aug 2012 and heard nothing, so I need to know about RA. I never applied before as I was working and paid rent years ago, however circumstances have changed and now I am one lone parents benefit. What do i need to do. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Lisa

P.s. today i applied for 13 jobs.[/quote]

Advertisement