Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehabilitation clincs in Ireland

Options
  • 07-08-2013 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

My friend is on the verge of killing himself. He is addicted to drugs (in general) namely cannabis and pharmaceuticals (which he obtains weekly off his doctor and valium off dealers). I believe his drug addiction is so strong because he has (apparently) nothing else in life to do.

We have tried talking to him and he agrees that rehab would be a good solution. Does anybody know the options to get somebody into a rehab clinic in Ireland?

I am going to call his doctor and inform them that whatever anti-depressants or medication they are currently prescribing is failing and also making the situation worse. I cannot stress how much this persons life is in danger.

If anybody could suggest clinics or appropriate courses of action I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

You really need to go to this person's GP and talk with them. The GP can refer to mental health and addiction services, both public and private. We cannot reccommend particular services in the same way as we can't recommend individual therapists - what suits one person won't necessarily suit another.

If this GP isn't helpful, go to another in the same area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement