Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Apps?

Options
  • 06-08-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭

A few minutes ago I was just fiddling with my phone.

What interesting App have you discovered that you'd like to share with us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

I recommend the boards.ie app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Whatsapp.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Grindr sounds right up your alley, OP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Ha phone fiddler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Well, do you want to share?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

1ZRed wrote: »
    Grindr sounds right up your alley, OP

My friend always shows me guys he's checking out on that. It scares me :(

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    My friend always shows me guys he's checking out on that. It scares me :(

I might be your friend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Photosynth - stitch together 360 degree photos
    Shazam - good for finding out what song you are listening to on a radio or whatever, but don't know what it is
    I-nigma
    Moves - tracks where you've been, how far you've walked, cycled, how many calories you've burned etc
    LS Addicts - great for live football scores, from leagues and competitions all over the world.
    TuneIn Radio - any radio station that broadcasts online is here.
    All these are free.

I'm also interested in other good suggestions

I might be your friend :P

Nah, you use punctuation! I did have my suspicions for a while though, I won't lie!

Nah, you use punctuation! I did have my suspicions for a while though, I won't lie!

Well my old English teacher used to say I "sprinkled commas like confetti" so don't read into it too much. It's very hit and miss at the best of times!

I'll be round in 5 to show you my latest hookups bud :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭remsburgsgirl

"Barrr"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Super Hexagon is great if you want an epileptic fit.
    I wasted far too long on it.

Well my old English teacher used to say I "sprinkled commas like confetti" so don't read into it too much. It's very hit and miss at the best of times!

I'll be round in 5 to show you my latest hookups bud :pac:

I'm a straight female. Why do men insist on showing me these things?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Also, Filmon, live streaming loads of tv channels, including all the BBC's, Channel 4, ITV's. Works in Ireland. Also free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Flight radar is a fave of mine, just because I like the whole aviation thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

'Over' for iPhone.. It's a photo application that allows users to overlay text on photos and share through Instagram/Twitter etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

5-0 Radio free: police scanners from around the world (public ones obviously). Was glued to it at the time of the Boston bombings.

Sleep time: tracks how well you slept the previous night. Also love the sounds you can play to lull you to sleep.

Mydealpage: all deals in one place rather than receiving a million emails a day from the likes of Groupon etc.

Ihandy level: erm it turns your phone into a spirit level but I've used it way too many times for hanging picture etc so has come in handy.

I'm a straight female. Why do men insist on showing me these things?! :(

Gay male, interested in...

Straight female, interested in...

Nope, can't see the connection there.. I'll move along

Gay male, interested in...

Straight female, interested in...

Nope, can't see the connection there.. I'll move along

I would presume a straight woman would generally be interested in a straight or bi man, not a gay man! :p

I would presume a straight woman would generally be interested in a straight or bi man, not a gay man! :p

Well I'm obviously not your mate, otherwise you'd be saying be saying the opposite ;)

Not that that makes sense, but hey :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Also, Filmon, live streaming loads of tv channels, including all the BBC's, Channel 4, ITV's. Works in Ireland. Also free.

+1 for Filmon. Hadn't seen that one before

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

The Adverts app.

Have anything lying around your house that you're sick of seeing, ready to throw out? WAIT! Don't throw that out. Someone on Adverts could find use for it. At Adverts, we provide a free service for you to sell your items. Place ads for thousands of people to see and turn that old CD Player into cash. That's right, cash! With a few clicks here and there, you're ad will be placed and you could have cash in your hand that day! Download now and get 5 euro free credit.

Terms and conditions apply. Some fees may apply to your ads. If you are not happy, please contact pizzamanyouliedtousitsnotfree@adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Osmos HD is fantastic.

A slow paced puzzle game, so very relaxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Osmos HD is fantastic.

A slow paced puzzle game, so very relaxing.

:( not sure I want to pay €2.69 for a game, I'm scabby like that!

A free puzzle game is dooors and dooors 2. Slightly addictive! 100 levels each and basically each level you need to figure out how to open the door. Simple but fun.

Oh and Photosynth is amazing! Thanks for that one. Someone showed it to me ages ago but forgot the name. Great for capturing a whole scene when a photo doesn't really capture the full awesomeness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

ThoughtReader is a wonderful app that allows you to read the thoughts of those within about a 5m radius. Word of warning - use headphones.
    HelpMeFindIt is great if you've lost something - it asks you a series of questions such as 'have you looked behind sofa?'. It's suprisingly helpful if you can't find your car keys or something.
    HowGayAmI will show you a series of pictures of buff semi-naked guys and using eye-tracking software can measure your sexual response to these. It will then give you a percentage gayness (I'm 27% Gay - who knew?).
    DumpMyFriends is great if your feeling pissed off with the world in general. It takes your 10most frequent contacts and sends them an automated text telling them they're all dicks and you never want to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Strava - excellent app for walking, running, cycling and Alpine ski if that's what you are into.

What kind of phone, OP?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

"Falling Ball" is a game I play every now and then on my phone. You've a little man, and need to run across the screen to dodge falling balls. Much better then that candy crush shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

DoesMyPetLoveMe - simply take a picture of your pet while talking to it and this app uses a complex series of face recognition algorithms to tell you what equivalent human emotions your pet is feeling. Sounds crazy, but I tried this yesterday on my pet rabbit and apparently he felt 'grateful and hungry'.
    DidYouJustSeeThat****? - If you're like me and walk around not really paying attention to what's happening, you'll need this app.
    Just load up the app and carry you phone around with the camera sticking out of your pocket. It will automatically record anything out of the ordinary which happens, so you'll never miss another car shunt incident again. Happy Days.
    IsSheOutOfMyLeague - well, is she? Take a picture and find out. Some of the results are a bit strange. Apparently Thelma Mansfield is out of my league, but I'm in with a chance with Rihanna!
    IsItSafeToFartNow? - Uses the GPS on your phone and the notification light (green - go for it, red - hold for now) to tell you when it's safe to fart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

Tap Tapsee.

/awesome

Advertisement