Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited company regisitration for corporation tax - fine for late registration?

Options
  • 06-08-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I set up a limited company February 2012. I have not traded at all and at this stage do not expect to. I'm considering closing it down. (I submitted my ARD/B1 last year and will submit my B1 & accounts this year.)

I've just read that I was supposed to register for corporation tax within 30 days of registration with CRO. Can the 30 days start when business activity starts (as I haven't had any yet)?

Is there a fine for not having yet registered for corporation tax? If so, about how much is it? :(

Thanks,

Colette

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Just close it down via a voluntary strike off. Given the price of incorporating a new company and the admin involved and keeping the old one going if you are not using it just get rid.

Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 4 coconnor

Thanks! Seems I need a letter of no objection from Revenue for that - have I got that right? But I never registered with them in the first place as I've had no business activity...

Advertisement