Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on my Specs

Options
  • 06-08-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, I've spent the last while trying to save for this custom build, I'd appreciate your opinions on the specs, before I order it. I would be using this rig for gaming mostly.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+

Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX, Sockel AM3+, mATX

RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM PC3-10667U CL9-9-9-24

Case: FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse Core 1000 black

Graphics Card: MSI R7790-1GD5/OC, 1024MB DDR5, PCI-Express

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Serie CX430 V3 Non-Modular 80+ Bronze, 430 Watt

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 500GB SATA 6GB's

Please tell me if you know of any components I can upgrade, I want to stay as close to the price as possible. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Fill this in please. It will help us determine whats the best build we can do inside your budget

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oli_Gig

1. My total budget is around 650 euro.
    2. Main purpose will be gaming (minecraft, skyrim, and I want to be able to run higher spec games at high graphics settings), with a little video editing too.
    3. I do need a copy of windows :3
    4. I can't use old parts, I'm upgrading from a 5 year old laptop.
    5. Yes, I need a monitor.
    5a. Any size really, I don't really need a 1080p screen.
    6. I need a mouse, and speakers are optional, as I use headphones 99% of the time.
    7. Yeah, I'd give overclocking a go.
    8/10 I'm ordering the pc online, the website offers a prebuild option.
    9. I'll be ordering it some time in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

A bit over budget but about as good as you're going to get. If you want to save some money look into upgrading your old operating system to windows 7/8.

Item|Price
    AMD FX-6300 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+|€101.96
    ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX, Sockel AM3+, mATX|€47.67
    8GB-Kit A-DATA XPG G Series PC1600 CL9|€60.59
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€56.12
    Cooler Master N200, mATX-mini-Tower, schwarz, ohne Netzteil|€33.56
    Corsair Builder Serie CX430 V3 Non-Modular 80+ Bronze, 430 Watt|€39.90
    Samsung SH-118AB schwarz|€12.45
    LG 22EA53VQ-P|€125.83
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch|€86.49
    MSI R7790-1GD5/OC, 1024MB DDR5, PCI-Express|€108.97
    Sharkoon Squad Laser Mouse|€10.97
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€703.50

Or try source a copy of windows off a friend or family member which would save you over 80 quid.

By the way on top of Bloodbaths advice you would have to select the option for the system to be pre built if thats what you want. Its an extra €20. You should give making it yourself a go though because it is actually quite easy.

Thanks for your help! Tbh though, I can't really go over budget, at all. I think I'll stick with my current setup, thanks again.

• Advertisement

Oli_Gig wrote: »
    Thanks for your help! Tbh though, I can't really go over budget, at all. I think I'll stick with my current setup, thanks again.

Just so you know in the first post you hadnt included a copy of windows, a dvd drive, monitor or mouse. Had you factored those costs in already? Getting a gaming system for under 650 including monitor and windows isnt an easy task.

Dont forget you will most likely need a dvd drive unless you plan on installing windows from a usb key

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Your current setup doesn't include windows or a mouse or a monitor.

The cm case is far better for the same price.

You could get back under budget by sourcing windows elsewhere. If you have an old copy of xp or vista you can upgrade it to W8 for about €50.

Yeah, I had already factored the monitor, Windows and other peripherals in the first post. Sorry if it's a bit confusing!
    Unfortunately, I don't have an old copy of XP or Vista, our household has always been Mac-based -_- but even if I did, I'd prefer to stay with W7, not 8.

Advertisement