Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor not picking up pc signal

Options
  • 06-08-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi everyone I bought myself a new gaming rig from Germany that came today but the monitor isnt picking up the signal from my pc yet it works perfectly fine from my laptop
    The pc is without an OS and I cant install it without the monitor as I am using an external Hardrive when I connect it up I get a message that reads No D-Sub activating power saving mode
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-8500U CL7

A4Tech X7-G800V-DE Fast Gaming Keyboard
    ASRock B75 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX

be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 500W

Club 3D Radeon HD 7950 13Series, 3GB GDDR5, AMD Radeon HD 7950, PCI- Express

Cooltek Antiphon Black, ohne Netzteil

Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155

LG 22EA53VQ-P

LogiLink Wireless LAN 300 Mbps PCI Karte 802.11n 2T2R

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch

Rechner - Zusammenbau

Samsung SSD 840 120GB SATA 6Gb/s

Sharkoon Fire Glider Gaming Mat

Sharkoon FireGlider Mouse

Wavemaster MX-3+

WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's
    Thats the rig build itself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I had a similar issue recently and after some researching it turned out that reducing the hertz on the monitor was what I needed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

I had a similar issue recently and after some researching it turned out that reducing the hertz on the monitor was what I needed to do.

How do I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Do you definately have both power connectors connected to the graphics card/

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Do you definately have both power connectors connected to the graphics card/

I would say so seeing as I didnt build the rig Hardwareversand pre built it for me

Advertisement