Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Changes in Flubit

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I love the way they try and say this is a great thing that will benefit people. Kim Jong Un would be proud of the spin on that page.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Nexus 4 is listed on Amazon (albeit with 3rd-party sellers) - presumably you can still order via Flubit? (actually whats to stop you ordering direct from Amazon to Parcel Motel?)

(impressively stupid press-release though - who in their right mind would read that and think, "wow, this is much better than the old service"?)

loyatemu wrote: »
    Nexus 4 is listed on Amazon (albeit with 3rd-party sellers) - presumably you can still order via Flubit? (actually whats to stop you ordering direct from Amazon to Parcel Motel?)

(impressively stupid press-release though - who in their right mind would read that and think, "wow, this is much better than the old service"?)

Nothing. But buying from a third party seller on Amazon is similar to buying from Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Flubit seems to have gone "invite only" without me noticing. Anyone know how long it takes to get an "invite"? I'd like an Amazon-beating quote on a USB stick, but it's as clear as mud how much time getting one might take these days.

Otherwise, it's back to the old fun game of trying to find a combination of stuff that adds up to more than £25 to get free shipping from Amazon, without edging too far into false economy of ordering stuff I didn't really want!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

after logging into my a/c I see I can invite people, do u want to pm me your email address and see if that's faster?

• Advertisement

That's a great idea, thanks! Makes a lot of sense, now that someone's pointed that out to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Flubit seems to have gone "invite only" without me noticing. Anyone know how long it takes to get an "invite"? I'd like an Amazon-beating quote on a USB stick, but it's as clear as mud how much time getting one might take these days.

Otherwise, it's back to the old fun game of trying to find a combination of stuff that adds up to more than £25 to get free shipping from Amazon, without edging too far into false economy of ordering stuff I didn't really want!

So if you order via flubbit you get free delivery to your home if you order less than 25 quid?
    Or is delivery to parcel motel?

This should work for an invite : https://www.flubit.com/Referral-Scheme/Share/?key=faccf74aa9885daa816f4269a991d9dc

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

invite sent?

So if you order via flubbit you get free delivery to your home if you order less than 25 quid?
    Or is delivery to parcel motel?
    Not entirely sure; I think it's to the PM service, but I'd be pretty happy with that, as "delivery to my home" more often turns out to be "collection from the Cork South City Delivery Office", which is less conveniently located than the PM locations (Texacos, IIRC).

Thanks for that, and to daingeanrob: I think I'm now in three different invite queues. Or the same one three times, or however that might work.

Advertisement