Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gospel/fun choir of singing group in Dublin ?

Options
  • 06-08-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

I spent hours looking for a way to join a singing group from september. I saw Waltons new school, which seems great, does somebody know it? how is the atmosphere, and what type of songs do they sing?

I'm also interested in joining a gospel choir (or at least one when they sing modern songs) but not with auditions, since I don't have any experience (I only sing in karaoke and not bad, I've been told but I can't pretend I'm a professional!). Any tips?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Friends of mine sign with Corus, which are in a few different locations. They love it & there is no audition, anyone can join. check out www.corus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Hi all,

Just trying to keep this thread alive. Im also looking to join an informal choir... can't seem to find one. City centre would be ideal... any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

www.Gloria.ie. you don't have to be gay to sing with them and they're a fantastic bunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Have you tried meetup.com? From memory I think there's a couple of social singing groups there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Have you tried Google and MeetUp? I'm sure if you get to talk with a couple of people in any of the choirs, they'll know of other choirs that might suit you better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

These guys are good fun. Superstition not a requirement!

http://sacredharpdublin.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

The Lutheran Church in Ireland, St. Finian's Church Adelaide Road opp Eye&Ear Hospital

St. Finian's Gospel Choir is starting back after its summer break next Friday 6th September.
    We are always looking for new members if you love to sing.
    The main emphasis is on having fun and enjoying the music and each other’s company
    All levels of ability and experience are very welcome and it is not even necessary that you be able to read music.

Advertisement