Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linked Finance

Options
  • 06-08-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi ,
    Anybody out there using Linked Finance (crowd funding) I was thinking of lending small amounts to companies on this website, but I haven't seen any threads on this subject, so some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

stan dard wrote: »
    Hi ,
    Anybody out there using Linked Finance (crowd funding) I was thinking of lending small amounts to companies on this website, but I haven't seen any threads on this subject, so some advice would be greatly appreciated.

How does it work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Havent used them but they send out regular emails updating on companies progress in raising funds.

They all seem to have hit their fund targets. Think linked finance vet and put up only 1 or 2 companies a week / month

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stan dard

Cianos wrote: »
    How does it work?
    Try this link /www.linkedfinance.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Hey,

I've invested in a couple of companies.

Basic premise is that the company x is looking for €x. They put up details about themselves, two years financial history, what the loan is for etc.
    People then bid to offer the loan.
    I.e. €250 @ 9.2%

If the amount being sought is filled, then the company pays the lowest average % offered on the loan.

The loan is repaid to investors in 36 equal monthly segments.

It's a nice idea, supporting irish business' and always going to be beating deposit interest rates in the bank (obviously with a slightly higher risk and the lack of access to your funds.)
    So far everybody has been paid on schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stan dard

Thanks shoutman it sounds like a very good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I was looking at using them for a loan but you have to be established two years so we didn't fit the bill. I think its a great idea and will probably use it for investing and for loans in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I've been using it recently, seems very good along with many companies giving you special offers for investing.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Duckett

I have signed up as a lender and all is going well - its satisfying to support some solid companies - I certainly recommend the vehicle but not sure just yet if the interest rate for the borrower is actually that much more competitive then the banks. As a borrower looking for a loan I would certainly recommend that you approach them. Good luck

Interesting to know. Might look at using them next year is a pretty easy process?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

There is another irish company started recently doing a similar thing www.grid.finance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

I have invested on linkedin finance about 400, totally forgot about the investments until i saw this post!

i find the quality of the tenders are very unexciting. Money for a breadvan or some craft beer thing

Buttercake wrote: »
    I have invested on linkedin finance about 400, totally forgot about the investments until i saw this post!

i find the quality of the tenders are very unexciting. Money for a breadvan or some craft beer thing

What sort of thing would you find interesting on there?

something new, a new product or service, innovative or completely off the wall

a startup business, dynamic businesses, disruptive business etc

You have to be trading a couple of years to be able to get loans there so anything good and different is more than likely to get funding elsewhere in that time.

are any of these crowdlenders regulated? what if they go t1ts up?

Buttercake wrote: »
    are any of these crowdlenders regulated? what if they go t1ts up?

Linked Finance have the customer funds ring fenced in a RaboDirect account so them going under shouldn't matter and funds shouldn't be held by them too long really. If you mean the companies you actually loan too then you should do enough research in them beforehand to understand the risks involved in loaning to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Any reviews people would like to add to linked finance. Things going good for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭meijin

adam88 wrote: »
    Any reviews people would like to add to linked finance. Things going good for me so far

"Linked Finance reports €1.2m net loss as it enjoys best quarter"

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/linked-finance-reports-1-2m-net-loss-as-it-enjoys-best-quarter-1.3048769

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

adam88 wrote: »

There is a substantial thread on Linked Finance in the Investments and markets forum.

Advertisement