Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy kitchen cabinet doors?

Options
  • 06-08-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm in the process of doing up my kitchen and am looking to buy either pre primed or raw kitchen cabinet doors to replace the ones I already have - I want to get them spray painted. Does anyone know of a place that's not overly expensive that I could buy the doors? Someone had recommended Softline panels but they were working out at between 25 and 45 quid a door - which was in total about 600 quid incl VAT.

Are there any companies in Northern Ireland even, I'd be happy to travel

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

I don't know where you are, but have you tried places like Noyeks (www.noyeks.ie) who are located in Dublin? (BTW: I have no connection with Noyeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 her indoors

thanks wait4me - I'll give them a shout now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

I'm in the process of doing up my kitchen and am looking to buy either pre primed or raw kitchen cabinet doors to replace the ones I already have - I want to get them spray painted. Does anyone know of a place that's not overly expensive that I could buy the doors? Someone had recommended Softline panels but they were working out at between 25 and 45 quid a door - which was in total about 600 quid incl VAT.

Are there any companies in Northern Ireland even, I'd be happy to travel

Thanks in advance

I'm sure it will work out dearer in the long run to go with painting. Panelling centre do doors in many different finishes, starting out at approx €18 + VAT for a 395x710mm IIRC. I checked Noyeks, and they were more expensive per door. Done a job for a friend recently. Turned out well. Before and afters......

266088.JPG

266089.JPG

266090.JPG

266087.JPG

Dodzy that turned out really well, I'm considering just buying doors now and not bothering with spraying at all, are those doors vinyl wrapped and what sort if finish is on them also are they ivory or white? Looks really really well

Yeah, trust me, forget the spraying. The doors are savannah ivory. White is too much. ( you can see the kitchen door i redid in white satinwood ) Foil wrapped. And they predrill all hinge holes for a small fee. Easy peasy. Any issues, just ask. for what it's worth, the dearest items are the cornice ( decorative piece on top of press but some just change doors only, to great effect.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

+1 for The Paneling Centre....very good to deal with.

Go to trade counter and ask for the best discount they can give you.

Dodzy one (final!) question what colour and paint did you use on the walls it's a really nice blue and I've been trying to match it but can't seem to see anything similar on the paint charts

Dodzy one (final!) question what colour and paint did you use on the walls it's a really nice blue and I've been trying to match it but can't seem to see anything similar on the paint charts

Here ya go :)

http://www.dulux.co.uk/colour/crystal_surprise_5

- soft sheen.

Not an "off the counter" colour. But nearly all places have the paint makers in-house

dodzy wrote: »
    Here ya go :)

http://www.dulux.co.uk/colour/crystal_surprise_5

- soft sheen.

Not an "off the counter" colour. But nearly all places have the paint makers in-house

Thank you so much! I'm definitely going to buy that,

Thanks again

Thank you so much! I'm definitely going to buy that,

Thanks again

No worries, best of luck with the facelift ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Hi Dodzy. Was there much work in painting the end panels and the non-door parts, or how did you do that?

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Hi Dodzy. Was there much work in painting the end panels and the non-door parts, or how did you do that?
    No, don't paint. You can buy the end panels in exact match for your door of choice. Large panels for side(s) of fridge / larder units and smaller panels for press ends. Simply screw on to existing panels from inside of the presses. You may have to cut to suit existing panel dimensions. If you are doing a colour change, they will also have the iron on edging colour matched. Everything is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

dodzy wrote: »
    No, don't paint. You can buy the end panels in exact match for your door of choice. Large panels for side(s) of fridge / larder units and smaller panels for press ends. Simply screw on to existing panels from inside of the presses. You may have to cut to suit existing panel dimensions. If you are doing a colour change, they will also have the iron on edging colour matched. Everything is available.

The way the panels are done and have presses fitted both sides, it would mean removing a lot of the presses to change them and at that stage would be not a lot less than just changing the lot.. that is why I was looking at painting the panels also.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    The way the panels are done and have presses fitted both sides, it would mean removing a lot of the presses to change them and at that stage would be not a lot less than just changing the lot.. that is why I was looking at painting the panels also.
    Post a few pics of your setup as it is. Easier to advise with a pic;)

Advertisement