Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hot water cylinder

Options
  • 05-08-2013 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

I have zoned heating for upstairs and downstairs which works grand from an oil boiler. However there is no heat going to the cylinder for hot water. I have to turn on the immersion for hot water.

I have attached a picture of the hot press. If I turn one of the valves will this give me hot water from the boiler. Looking for some advice as I dont have a clue about it!!

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

cant see from the picture,is there a motorized valve on the coil pipes of the cylindrr?if there is could be stuck closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Gest wrote: »
    Hi,

I have zoned heating for upstairs and downstairs which works grand from an oil boiler. However there is no heat going to the cylinder for hot water. I have to turn on the immersion for hot water.

I have attached a picture of the hot press. If I turn one of the valves will this give me hot water from the boiler. Looking for some advice as I dont have a clue about it!!

Thank you

Need a closer up pic of the pipework to the left inc pipes at side if cylinder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Hi,

Thank you

White electrical box (mv) on pipe going to cylindre has a lever that you can move and catch/ lock in the open position "man positition" If water then heates when a heating zone is on then replace if. Potterton myson power extra. is the make of motorized valve (mv) you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

scudo2 wrote: »
    White electrical box (mv) on pipe going to cylindre has a lever that you can move and catch/ lock in the open position "man positition" If water then heates when a heating zone is on then replace if. Potterton myson power extra. is the make of motorized valve (mv) you have.

Many thanks for the replies. I have two of these one for upstairs and one for downstairs. Should I move both to manual? They are both set to auto now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Many thanks for the replies. I have two of these one for upstairs and one for downstairs. Should I move both to manual? They are both set to auto now.

Neither of the Mvs are on the cylinder.There is a valve on the bottom pipe to the coil at the side of the cylinder check that it's not closed.Turn on heating and see if the top pipe to cylinder is hot and going through the cylinder and hit out the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Did the hot water work before when the heating was off? Or is this the first time you have used the system?

If you turn the heating on does the cylinder heat up?
    There should be two wall mounted room stats, one up stairs and one down. When you have the heating on turn them right down and see what the oil boiler does.

Advertisement