Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oveerthinking?

Options
  • 05-08-2013 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey lads,

How are we?! Just a quick question/ramble. I consider myself to be a fitness fanatic, I'm in my late 20's play tons of sports, go to the gym, teach classes along with go to crossfit few times a week etc. One thing that has been annoying me recently is that is the following :

I don't smoke, never have and never will. When I was growing up my parents smoked and where I live now a few people in the house smoke which is perfectly fine - each to their own and I don't judge :) I was reading recently about 2nd hand smoke and the dangers of it... think somewhere in the region of 5,000 non smokers die from Lung cancer ( caused by 2nd hand smoke ) in the US every year. Ok not a huge number but still!

Nobody ever smokes in my room or the hall outside it, most of the people do open up the kitchen window when going for a smoke but I read that this is really not an effective way of eliminating all the fumes/chemicals etc. Recently over the last month I've woke up most mornings with a little sore throat ( to be fair could be a number of reasons for it besides inhaling smoke - not even sure how much I actually inhale as I'm rarely in the same room when smoking takes place) but I must admit I got a little annoyed.

Do you guys think I'm being a bit of a hypochondriac, over thinking it a bit much? Would I actually be at risk? I'm actually flying fit. I had a physical exam last year which included the doc checking out my breathing and he thought I was in tip top order. I should add I like the people in my house, love the house and feel that they pay rent so they can smoke if they want to too.

Cheers!!

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

It sounds pretty harmless to me. As long as you don't share a bedroom with someone who smokes inside it I can't see it being the reason you have a sore throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Gentleman's Club, like the rest of Boards, is not a medical advice forum.
    If your concerned, you should make a visit to your GP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement