Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower pump in the attic ?

Options
  • 05-08-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Our electric shower is on its last legs and are thinking of getting a shower pump that would work for two showers.

Is it possible to get a pump that you can install in the attic - im concerned over the noise level. We have a young child and both do shift work so would be showering very early and very late and dont want the pump waking her up.

Thanks for any assistance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

should look into getting a power shower,be a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Sorry if I wasnt clear - its a power shower pump that im looking to install. We want to get rid of the electric shower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Your pump will need to be a negative head in order for to work & it will need to be located a mimimun of 1meter beneath the level of your cold water storage or it will not work.

the price of buying a negative pump it would work out cheaper getting two power showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

rightjob! wrote: »
    the price of buying a negative pump it would work out cheaper getting two power showers.

You still need the cold water above the head outlet of a power shower with a built in pump.

• Advertisement

You still need the cold water above the head outlet of a power shower with a built in pump.

sorry i didnt read it properly at all!
    looks like your gonna need a neg head pump but they do tend to be a bit noisey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭foodaholic

rightjob! wrote: »
    sorry i didnt read it properly at all!
    looks like your gonna need a neg head pump but they do tend to be a bit noisey

But if I get a neg head pump I could put it in the attic where we couldn't hear it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

foodaholic wrote: »
    But if I get a neg head pump I could put it in the attic where we couldn't hear it ?

Yes but you will have to build a platform over a meter high to raise the water tank above the height of the pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

One word of caution if you go for a pump. Be careful that you do not pressurise any older items such as taps or toilets not rated to be pumped.
    Very good chance that these will leak under pressure, an if it blows your toilet fill valve it could be disastrous.

foodaholic wrote: »

you willl still hear it,but wont be qas bad.even with the mats under them you can easily hear them.you should see if anybody you know has one too see what you think

• Advertisement
Advertisement