Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I begin??

Options
  • 05-08-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭

Hi, A mate is moving to the states and he gave me a mixer and an external sound card thingy...(see attached screenshots)

I have a Macbook Pro and would like to start recording some of my own stuff. (acoustic guitar/vocals/some effects)..where I begin with these things to get them all interconnected? He gave me a few wires/cables too but I don't know where to start.

I think the sound card thing needs a driver but the website says it is a discontinued product and there is nothing to download...any ideas where I might find what i need?

Help please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Mic plugs into the XLR(mic) input on the mixer. Output 1 of the mixer goes to bal input 1 of the interface. Output 2 of the mixer goes to the input 2 of the interface. The outputs of the interface plug into your speakers so you can monitor whats going on. The interface/sound card hooks up to your computer.

Not sure where you'd find the drivers, try googling the name(s) of the unit and mac drivers and see what comes up. Try asio4all if you can't find anything, not sure if that'll work but try it and see.

Just to let you know before you start, these are both very, very basic pieces of gear and are just about the cheapest stuff you can get so expect the recording quality to be mediocre at best! Free though so might as well give it a shot.

Advertisement