Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Up crap creek without a paddle - help!

• 05-08-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I've gotten myself in a big mess. Don't know what to do, want to get it sorted but need some advice.

I don't have any proof of address. My bank account closed, I've no recent letters from the social welfare (it's been 6 months). My esb is in my landlady's name. I have my lease agreement - but that's useless, the bank said I have to have something in letter form. The lady at my local social welfare printed me off something but it wasn't in letter form so was rejected. Went back to her, "That's all I can do." Even asked her to send me out one of those letters/forms that they send out but a computer sends them out at random apparently.

I have a garda id. No passport. Trying to get a passport but need proof of address.

I am registered to vote but that's my parent's house.

I've been told to ask Citizens Advice but I don't feel optimistic about that outcome so voila I'm here. I hope I'm not the only one that's had to be in this boat lol.

Cheers in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

If you have a PPS number try logging into Revenue PAYE Online and print off a statement of your tax credits. Should have your address on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LostGirl88

Thanks, I do a PPS number! I will try that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Would you have a credit card bill , mobile phone company might have something from when you bought your phone .

Would a Justice of the Peace/Peace Commissioner be able to sign something for you confirming your address ?

Hi Matt.
    Erm I don't have a credit card and my phone isn't a bill phone.
    I don't have ANY bills coming in.

I will look into your other suggestion though. I have been told maybe to try a local TD. It's a bank holiday Monday so that'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

why not send it to your parents home and then they can forward it on to you!

• Advertisement

I went online and printed off my registered vote details which has my parents address on it. I'm gonna try and do something with that tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,151 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've never tried it, but I've been told that it's possible to get a dog license from the council without actually proving you have a dog. (I don't know if this works, or if it's just urban legend.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I've never tried it, but I've been told that it's possible to get a dog license from the council without actually proving you have a dog. (I don't know if this works, or if it's just urban legend.)

Last time I got one they certainly didn't require any proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Yeah buy one the post office(20 euro approx) , they just ask for a description of the dog , approx age, nothing else required.

Would you like to open a bank account or even a credit union or post office account? Just stick 20 euro in it to open . Then you'll have proof of address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Apply for an E111( the european health card). They send them out really quickly plus it has your PPS no on it. But most importantly they are Government issued and free.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/schemes/EHIC/apply/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Yeah buy one the post office(20 euro approx) , they just ask for a description of the dog , approx age, nothing else required.

Would you like to open a bank account or even a credit union or post office account? Just stick 20 euro in it to open . Then you'll have proof of address.

Need proof of address to open any of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CiaranMcDCFC

There is a form a Garda can fill out for you and stamp and this is accepted as proof of address by the banks. Cannot remember the name of it but if you call into any bank they will be able to provide you with a list of all acceptable forms of proof of address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

There is a form a Garda can fill out for you and stamp and this is accepted as proof of address by the banks. Cannot remember the name of it but if you call into any bank they will be able to provide you with a list of all acceptable forms of proof of address.

Its called an ML10 Form, a lot of places dont accept those either as they are so easy to get. You could apply in your social welfare office for the new public services card, that will have your ID on the card :) It may take a bit longer to process as you dont have ID but they will process one for youhttp://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Public-Services-Card_holder.aspx

Advertisement