Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webite for 3D artist

Options
  • 05-08-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wanted to get some info as I am about to get cracking into building my own site. I am a 3D artist and want to create a personal site to highlight my work. I have a good grasp of html/python and want to beef up the java scripting skills along the way.

I want my site to be really slick, taking advantage of jquery libraries. Here are a few links to sites I like and want to base mine off:

I recently did the HTML course on www.codecademy.com and was really impressed with the ability to script in html,css and java where if you update your code in their editor you can see the result on the canvas..

So at this early stage of dev Im trying to decide what the best script editor is for me and in particular if something like what codecademy has exists where you can run and save code in your browser and keep all your work online. I've worked in a few basic packages like Sumblime/Notepad++ and more advanced ones like Eclipse but I'm wondering if there is something even better out there that I'm missing out on.

Darragh

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have a look at http://c9.io, only had a quick play with it myself but doesn't look too bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Daawaa

Graham wrote: »
    Have a look at http://c9.io, only had a quick play with it myself but doesn't look too bad at all.

Thanks for that! Looks very promising ...the fact they say its the google docs for code sells it :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Post back when you've had a chance to play with it, curious to hear how you get on with it.

Graham wrote: »
    Post back when you've had a chance to play with it, curious to hear how you get on with it.

Will do! These online script editors also look good:

www.jsfiddle.net
    www.codepen.io

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Daawaa wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wanted to get some info as I am about to get cracking into building my own site. I am a 3D artist and want to create a personal site to highlight my work. I have a good grasp of html/python and want to beef up the java scripting skills along the way.

I want my site to be really slick, taking advantage of jquery libraries. Here are a few links to sites I like and want to base mine off:

I recently did the HTML course on www.codecademy.com and was really impressed with the ability to script in html,css and java where if you update your code in their editor you can see the result on the canvas..

So at this early stage of dev Im trying to decide what the best script editor is for me and in particular if something like what codecademy has exists where you can run and save code in your browser and keep all your work online. I've worked in a few basic packages like Sumblime/Notepad++ and more advanced ones like Eclipse but I'm wondering if there is something even better out there that I'm missing out on.

Darragh

I would be very interested in doing a skills exchange. Some low poly textured models for a mobile game I'm working on in exchange for doing your website.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

• Advertisement

For the moment I am using codepen for scripting.

It is the closest thing that I have found to the setup on code academy and I like the automatic update and interface..

Advertisement