Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heave against Michael Martin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

No. Sindo stirring. But I still think that Mickey Martin will not last and Michael McGrath will be the next Taoiseach.

regress wrote: »
    No. Sindo stirring. But I still think that Mickey Martin will not last and Michael McGrath will be the next Taoiseach.

Luckily I'll have eloped before that cluster**** unravels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

raymon wrote: »
    Is a heave against Michael Martin led by Michael Mc Grath really underway?

The weekly FF newsletter certainly says so.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fianna-fail-group-aims-to-oust-micheal-martin-29470836.html

In my opinion he and Willie should have been ejected a long time ago.

Indeed so. I like this bit in the article.
    The problem is the party is being run by a small clique, which is very foolish of the leader.

It is only a small party, er clique in the Dail, so Martin has downsized. Is there mutiny on the bench, lol?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Silly season well and truly underway. :)

Micheál will lead FF into the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Silly season well and truly underway. :)

Micheál will lead FF into the next election.

Strange one this ..... It is in tomorrows Independent too .

Looks like something is afoot .

There is an upside though. If Martin stays - there will be less populist nonsense in the media from Mc Grath. If Martin goes - there will be less populist nonsense in the media from Martin

Terrible to have to suffer both of them spouting their weekly whinges.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Strange one this ..... It is in tomorrows Independent too .

Looks like something is afoot .

There is an upside though. If Martin stays - there will be less populist nonsense in the media from Mc Grath. If Martin goes - there will be less populist nonsense in the media from Martin

Terrible to have to suffer both of them spouting their weekly whinges.

Funnily enough, this seems to be having the opposite effect (or perhaps the desired one ...) as the parliamentary party and membership are now coming out and rallying behind Micheál.

The inside story discusses the who's who of Fianna Fáil advisers. It reads as if everything else is just a juicy cover to allow this be discussed.

It is clear that Fianna Fáil are on the way back when internal organisational issues are considered front page material for two days running. :)

Funnily enough, this seems to be having the opposite effect (or perhaps the desired one ...) as the parliamentary party and membership are now coming out and rallying behind Micheál.

The inside story discusses the who's who of Fianna Fáil advisers. It reads as if everything else is just a juicy cover to allow this be discussed.

It is clear that Fianna Fáil are on the way back when internal organisational issues are considered front page material for two days running. :)

The Independent is a Fianna Fail newsletter. None of the proper papers or stations ran this story.

This whole story shows what a shower of whingers these guys are.

Looks like the old Fianna Fail trait of backstabbery hasn't gone away.

Carry on !

The Independent is a Fianna Fail newsletter. None of the proper papers or stations ran this story.

This whole story shows what a shower of whingers these guys are.

Looks like the old Fianna Fail trait of backstabbery hasn't gone away.

Carry on !

You think the Indepdenent is a FF newsletter, I think it is a bit of a rag! :D

This should put an end to this rubbish - McGrath rules out FF leadership challenge

Mr McGrath rejected what he described as “silly season” reports of dissatisfaction with the leader among the front bench and, furthermore, speculation he would launch a challenge before the next general election.

“No one has approached me from the parliamentary party expressing unease about the leadership,” Mr McGrath told the Irish Examiner.

Although I suspect the Independent will keep trying to push this non-issue.

You think the Indepdenent is a FF newsletter, I think it is a bit of a rag! :D

This should put an end to this rubbish - McGrath rules out FF leadership challenge

Although I suspect the Independent will keep trying to push this non-issue.

The Sunday Independent , is a FF newsletter alright.

Michael Martin and Willie should be ejected from the party. That would be real reform. The only problem is that there is nobody with any real substance to replace them . So for now we will probably see more whinging from the sidelines amongst the cowardly anonymous front benchers.

As I said carry on ...... Great job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So it seems the last few rats on the sinking ship that is fianna fail are turning on each other!

Let's hope this battle gets bloody, the country needs a bit of cheering up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭Sand

With the current government repairing the FoI act to allow requests for govt papers up to 2007-2010 right on time for the next election I'd presume the real fun and games lie ahead of us. It will be interesting indeed for Fianna Fail to campaign next time out (and the Greens, presuming they even bother) whilst the papers are daily publishing new insights into the last Greena Fail government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

This should put an end to this rubbish - McGrath rules out FF leadership challenge.

Usually the non-denial denial only confirms the truth of the rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Sand wrote: »
    With the current government repairing the FoI act to allow requests for govt papers up to 2007-2010 right on time for the next election I'd presume the real fun and games lie ahead of us. It will be interesting indeed for Fianna Fail to campaign next time out (and the Greens, presuming they even bother) whilst the papers are daily publishing new insights into the last Greena Fail government.

Ah the Greens won't be implicated at all, sure weren't they all asleep in their beds when all the action was happening :D Way to run a country lads.

Advertisement