Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCS thread

Options
  • 04-08-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this'll gain speed but I do know a good few from the fb page keep up with this. Unfortunately, LCS EU is on around 2am for me but I still watch the odd game.

Currently watching SK vs EG, El Classico. What do people think of Shacker? I don't know why but I always want Ocelote to fail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

I'm watchin it now on the playback

Still not sure what to make of Shacker, I think EG are going down the right route by introducing competition for spots, even if I suspect a certain amount of it is snoopeh moving more into the business end (that's entirely speculation on my part afaik) I do think snoopeh was having less of an impact than he needed to be having, and shacker feels like he has more of a presence.

I like EG's players, much more than I do SK's, krepo's one of my favourite streamers, but there's times I can't help but feel that they're just a vehicle for froggen, that boy is unreal, whereas with SK the team is less reliant on Ocelote doing well to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say as of late I've moved more to the NA LCS to watch it. Alot of people keep giving me **** saying that NA is terrible, and that EU is much better because it is so close. I only think it's close because EU level has dropped shockingly. There is a pretty big skill gap emerging, and get the feeling that EU teams are going to get stomped at worlds unless they cop on pretty quickly.

Found NA to be much more entertaining since week 4.

I actually watched a lot of the NA spring split, but haven't been following the summer one at all. Any particularly good games you could recommend for someone looking to catch up?

Sycopat wrote: »
    I actually watched a lot of the NA spring split, but haven't been following the summer one at all. Any particularly good games you could recommend for someone looking to catch up?

Too many to mention :D

Cloud9 are good games to simply see what will most likely be the dominant META come worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Only C9 from NA can knock heads with GB, ATN and FNC I think.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »

I don't agree entirely. ATN are showing good form this season, but Fnatic seemed to have dropped the ball a bit and Gambit have been a bit all over the place. Think other NA teams would be able to give them a good run.

I'm expecting Curse to hit fine form in the run in to playoffs.

Haven't seen any Yi's on superweek. Surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Haven't seen any Yi's on superweek. Surprised.

He's banned from Pro Play, Riot's rules :P

They pretty much admitted that he is stupid at the moment.

Xinkai wrote: »

Ha makes sense. I was thinking 'maybe he's easily countered at high level play' then I was like 'wait, I'm high level and nobody can stop that motherf*cker.' Gambit would definitely be running him!

Xinkai wrote: »

Was that actually confirmed?

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Was that actually confirmed?

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3757636#post40638363

It's apparently because reworks are considered new champions for purposes of the "Champions who have not been available on the live service for more than 4 weeks will be automatically restricted." rule

Interesting that they link to the official ruleset, I hadn't seen that before.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Anyone watching all these today? :) fantastic matches in the EU and leading up to a long night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Currently watching SK vs EG, El Classico.

El Classico is SK v FNC :pac:

I watched every NA and EU game in the Spring split, loved it so much. Would have done the same for the summer split but I was away for most of it so missed most of the games. Have watched one or two games here and there and have a few on my watch later list. Namely that EG crazy strat they used in Superweeks final game and Velocitys last game with ... ? ). Both were said to be great games and so much fun to watch.

Vulcun too, a lot of the NA teams said they fear Vulcun the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone watching the finals today ?

Gambit vs EG was brilliant, especially the third game.
    Alex Ich flashing over the dragon wall to re-engage that fight was a master stroke.

YAY GAMBIT :D

Advertisement