Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another repeat query..

Options
  • 04-08-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Does anyone know/ have any first hand experience of what happens if you miss your repeat exams? I received a letter for a long awaited hospital appointment for the date of an exam and if I cancel the appointment I will be back on the list for months to come. I can't contact anyone in the college until Tuesday because of the bank holiday so I am hoping someone here might have some insight into it. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

It depends. Generally you'd repeat the module the next year, along with all your new modules.

Sounds like you've genuine circumstances to miss it though so they may make alternative arrangements in your case.

Contact your course coordinator asap for clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

You have a legit reason, so as above just contact the college and let them know.

Though as far as I was aware if you just don't turn up for a repeat you arn't allow carry it on into the following year and have to repeat the entire year for that one exam. But yeah you've a genuine reason so should be fine.

Advertisement