Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st Venue - Help Required

Options
  • 04-08-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,

I'm in the process of planning a 21st birthday party. It's at the end of this month, so I'm very stuck for time. I'm looking for a function room in Dublin city centre (either free, or reasonably priced) for about 80 people. This would be preferably in a late bar (i.e. until 2/3 am) and somewhere that would allow me to bring in a rented karaoke machine.

I'd appreciate any guidance you can give me, as I'm floundering. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Hey. Have you tried Grand Central on O'Connell St? Had my 21st there last November, the downstairs room was free to hire and I brought my own mp3 player for music. It has its own bar til 2am, and they did food (can't remember how much that cost). They are pretty popular though - I had to have mine a week later than I originally wanted to (10 days after my actual bday) because they were booked out. Also, a few people from the bar upstairs wandered in looking for the toilets, so you have to deal with them (though we only had to tell one to get out, the others all practically ran out the door when they realised it was a private room :p)

I remember traipsing all over Dublin looking for somewhere - try around some of the hotels (Arlington, Temple Bar Hotel, The Morgan, Clifton Court etc) if that doesn't work out. No idea what they all cost though.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭nowimtalking

4 Dame Lane have an upstairs section that can be booked for free afaik. I'm not too sure what the capacity is or if the music from downstairs would be too intrusive for karaoke. Cocktails are delicious too.

Edit: Can definitely hold 80 people, their website says up to 250.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

My friend booked her 30th downstairs in the Mercantile. It was great fun.

Advertisement