Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermostat not working

Options
  • 04-08-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I have gas central heating with 2 thermostats, one upstairs and one downstairs. If both thermostats are turned up, the system always heats the upstairs rads first, so to heat up downstairs first, I always turn down the upstairs thermostat. However, this doesn't work anymore and the rads still heat up even if the temp is turned down to the lowest. I can still hear the click in the thermostat so presume it is still working ok.

Can this be fixed easily or do I need a plumber? Husband would have a go if anyone could advise on where to start.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Siobh73 wrote: »
    I have gas central heating with 2 thermostats, one upstairs and one downstairs. If both thermostats are turned up, the system always heats the upstairs rads first, so to heat up downstairs first, I always turn down the upstairs thermostat. However, this doesn't work anymore and the rads still heat up even if the temp is turned down to the lowest. I can still hear the click in the thermostat so presume it is still working ok.

Can this be fixed easily or do I need a plumber? Husband would have a go if anyone could advise on where to start.

Thanks.

Motorized valve for upstairs might be stuck in the open position and letting the heat through.
    Is the upstairs always on even tho clock is off?

Advertisement