Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porter cable tools

Options
  • 04-08-2013 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi does anyone know of anywhere in ireland on england who stock porter cable power tools or of somewhere I can get tools shipped to ireland.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Hi does anyone know of anywhere in ireland on england who stock porter cable power tools or of somewhere I can get tools shipped to ireland.
    Thanks

They are not marketed on this side of the pond as far as I know.Being an American company all their tools are 110v 60 cycle. I've bought a few tools from the US down the years ( not Porter cable ) and they all run fine on 110v 50 cycle but slightly slower.Somebody like www.rockler.com will send you one within a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I bought a porter cable door planer, look like it was designed a built in the 1950. It has a set of spiral cutting blades and dedicated bevel fence, it is definitely one of my best tools.

The 60 hertz cycle isn't a problem as recipio rightly said.

Advertisement