Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox plugins

Options
  • 03-08-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

I'm updating my plugins for Firefox 22, but am having trouble with the "Adobe PDF" plugin. Firefox states i'm using the outdated 10.1.7, but when i go to Adobe website, all that's there is 10.1.4 (it seems to be pre-selected for my Vista OS).

I believe that maybe, that's the only available update for my OS.

I've since browsed Adobe's website and came across 11.0.03 (i believe this is the latest), but i cannot find any specs for what versions of Windows it supports.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Adobe Reader 11 Requirements - http://www.adobe.com/ie/products/reader/tech-specs.html

Adobe Reader 11 doesn't support Vista. Unless you really, really need Adobe Reader there are some decent alternatives out there like Sumatra PDF, Foxit Reader and Nitro Reader.
    • Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3 for 32 bit or Service Pack 2 for 64 bit; Windows Server® 2003 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit)
    You can use the built-in PDF reader in Firefox instead of any external plugin, just have the "Preview in Firefox "selected in the applications tab of the options window for PDF files:

vbulletinazKpCME.pngazKpCME.png

EDIT: As a headsup, Firefox 23 is planned to be released on 6 August 2013 (Tuesday) - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases#Firefox_23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

thanks for the info.

typical, Adobe Reader 11 is supported on XP, but not Vista :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

update: i emailed adobe and Reader 11 will work on Vista, but its not supported. I've installed it and it works, so does the Firefox plugin. Happy days.:)

Advertisement