Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRACTOR ON IRISH REg, NO TAX BOOK

Options
  • 03-08-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

hello,

my uncle has a tractor which was imported a number of years ago, the first owner bought it off a tractor garage, and even though it was registered here it was never taxed or he never got the log book. he traded it in for a tractor in a different garage.

the engine was gone in it when my uncle bought it , he got it going, and he has it 10 years now , still no tax book.

the reg comes up on motorcheck as the tractor that it is.

what is the easiest way of getting a tax book now, is there a straight forward procedure without going through garages etc

any info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it older than 1993

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dsgking

yes, 1985, 85-ky plate

Fill out one of these
    http://www.donegalcoco.ie/NR/rdonlyres/F7950602-E919-4285-90F2-70F818E5D703/0/Affadavitformforpurchaseofpre93.pdf

You'll need a solicitor and a garge to stamp it.

Then complete one of these
    http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/PublicationsDocuments/FileDownLoad,497,en.pdf

Then bring the whole lot to the guards.

Once you've done that you need to go to the tax office who will get the dept in Shannon to issue a new reg cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dsgking

perfect, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭9935452

dsgking wrote: »
    hello,

my uncle has a tractor which was imported a number of years ago, the first owner bought it off a tractor garage, and even though it was registered here it was never taxed or he never got the log book. he traded it in for a tractor in a different garage.

the engine was gone in it when my uncle bought it , he got it going, and he has it 10 years now , still no tax book.

the reg comes up on motorcheck as the tractor that it is.

what is the easiest way of getting a tax book now, is there a straight forward procedure without going through garages etc

any info appreciated

it is possible if it was never taxed the tax book doesnt exist. The tax book isnt issued until it is taxed for the first time. you could find out who used to own it , fill out a change of ownership form and get them to sign it. then just insure and tax it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

As it's an import try taxing it with the last 6 digits of the VIN.

aujopimur wrote: »
    As it's an import try taxing it with the last 6 digits of the VIN.

And where will the tax disc get sent?

Can you even tax a tractor online?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    And where will the tax disc get sent?

Can you even tax a tractor online?[/QUOTE
    I forgot about that, if you get onto Revenu/VRT they'll give you a copy of the the details and you can use this, the tax office will use the details to tax it and you will have the VLC issued in your name.

I can't see revenue giving out owners details, with data protection etc.
    There is a procedure in place anyway.

I don't remenber what details were on the docs. I got from VRT/Revenue,
    but that's what I did when had a similar situation to the OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement