Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallest Solud Fuel Stove on the market

Options
  • 03-08-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

Really hoping someone might be able to help me. I have a small sized sitting room which currently has an inset gas fire (it was never connected and the chimney can accommodate solid fuel-we live in an estate and our neighbours all have solid fuel stoves). There's no glass, just a grate with fake coal. It's up from the ground, possibly three feet. It's 16 inches (a little over 400mm) in height and 23 in width. Basically I was hoping I could buy a cute little stove and easy install it (with or without legs-if the legs could be disconnected) without disrupting any wall paper or border etc but I've been to lots of shops that tell me they don't make stoves that small. I don't mind the fact there'll be a gap either side or it mightn't look neat or tidy. I just want something easy to install and cheap to burn turf during the winter months and keep the sitting room cosy. We are based in Laois and looking for a company who will do the entire job-supply and insert the stove etc.

All help and advice greatly appreciated,

D&E

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Hi,

Really hoping someone might be able to help me. I have a small sized sitting room which currently has an inset gas fire (it was never connected and the chimney can accommodate solid fuel-we live in an estate and our neighbours all have solid fuel stoves). There's no glass, just a grate with fake coal. It's up from the ground, possibly three feet. It's 16 inches (a little over 400mm) in height and 23 in width. Basically I was hoping I could buy a cute little stove and easy install it (with or without legs-if the legs could be disconnected) without disrupting any wall paper or border etc but I've been to lots of shops that tell me they don't make stoves that small. I don't mind the fact there'll be a gap either side or it mightn't look neat or tidy. I just want something easy to install and cheap to burn turf during the winter months and keep the sitting room cosy. We are based in Laois and looking for a company who will do the entire job-supply and insert the stove etc.

All help and advice greatly appreciated,

D&E

Sorry I don't know of anything that would fit there.
    Why don't you do what your neighbours did. You will have to change the opening anyway due to the HIGH risk of house fire with timber surround and wall paper close to fire.
    ps. It looks nice in your photo, hate to see it all go up in smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donalmiller

scudo2 wrote: »
    Sorry I don't know of anything that would fit there.
    Why don't you do what your neighbours did. You will have to change the opening anyway due to the HIGH risk of house fire with timber surround and wall paper close to fire.
    ps. It looks nice in your photo, hate to see it all go up in smoke.

Thanks for your reply. Our neighbours put in a fire place etc and had stove on ground and we can't afford that. It's actually a cement surrounding and not timber so hopefully less of a fire risk :)

Thanks for your reply. Our neighbours put in a fire place etc and had stove on ground and we can't afford that. It's actually a cement surrounding and not timber so hopefully less of a fire risk :)

Inset stoves are lovely without fireplace, and you can make a feature with black stone affect tiles cheaply around it.

Inset stoves are lovely without fireplace, and you can make a feature with black stone affect tiles cheaply around it.

Yeah, I've emailed a place in Athy to try get someone to come out and have a look to see what they might be able to do with the space. I'm finding it difficult to find a company that looks at your space, suggests what's best and puts it in and fixes anything cosmetic that's disrupted!! Might have to consider the inset but I was told today its way more expensive and I'd be better filling the hole and putting a stove on the ground-maybe it was just the sales man speaking!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've emailed a place in Athy to try get someone to come out and have a look to see what they might be able to do with the space. I'm finding it difficult to find a company that looks at your space, suggests what's best and puts it in and fixes anything cosmetic that's disrupted!! Might have to consider the inset but I was told today its way more expensive and I'd be better filling the hole and putting a stove on the ground-maybe it was just the sales man speaking!

Glen Dimplex insert from €450 in Cork 4.5kw to room. Small grate. Small lovely fire. Great heat. I have one.very happy. F all to run it.

Glen Dimplex insert from €450 in Cork 4.5kw to room. Small grate. Small lovely fire. Great heat. I have one.very happy. F all to run it.

Tried googling this-could you pm a link to this company. Was this price for everything included? Also was yours off the ground, similar to my pic above? I saw a 4.3kw on net but would be far too big for the small area I have. Maybe you imagined me making some sort of fireplace and having the stove on the ground-that might work.

Advertisement